The Raw Kitchen

Cafe, smoothie bar, and shop; previously at Shop 14, Piazza Arcade, 36 South Terrace. All raw food and mostly vegan except for honey. Offers juices and smoothies made to order plus raw pizza slices, salads, desserts, coffee, and house-made almond milk. Sells products like cacao, goji, and maca powder, seasonings, and books on healthy eating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, All Raw, Western, Australian, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by ThrowingMuse
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Well worth visiting.

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

I'm not generally a fan of all raw but this place made me happy. It's not as though it was largely different from other raw offerings (coconut oil, cashew and date overload, etc.) but what they had was executed well.

The pizza was rich and filling - I love to eat but found one slice enough. Similarly the deserts look small but are very filling and taste good too. (The staff seemed concerned but I flew home to Syd 4000km away with the deserts on ice and they lasted the trip fine.) Unfortunately I did not try the salads but must say they presented very nicely and I'd be excited to try them if I'm there again.

I was concerned about honey but was told that agave is used exclusively. That might have been true only on the day - so check yourself.

Also, the reviews that talk about a lack of space must be a little outdated as there was plenty of seating in a good sized industrial setting with funky decor. The staff were very friendly. A little on the pricy side.

All in all I liked it and would recommend you try it.

Pros: Beautifully presented foods, Small but hearty, Cool setting
Cons: A little pricy, Not all vegan?
itzjac
itzjac

Fantastic food & desserts!!

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2014

I am currently in Perth visiting my family and booked into the raw food basics workshop on Sunday which was fantastic! I then went to the raw kitchen for lunch following Tuesday - we ordered the mixed mushroom and macadamia cheese pizza, raw nachos, rainbow salad with tahini sauce, garden salad with citrus mustard dressing. All meals were great! For drinks we had macadamia & cashew milk lattes and ginger teas which were all good. We got a few desserts to take home - choc-mint slice, lemon & raspberry swirl cheesecake and Turkish delight slice - all desserts were the best raw food desserts I've ever eaten! (and I've tried a lot!!)

Service was good and I love the rustic-industrial decor! There is a great health food store too!

I highly recommend to anyone in the Perth / Fremantle area!! :)

Cons: Raw desserts!! , Salads , Coffee
FRUITnVEG
FRUITnVEG

• fruititarian

Raw Capital of WA!

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2014

New venue is much easier to find!

Tasty food & a great "Raw" atmosphere with a vast demographic.

Pros: All Raw, Grand Selection, Accommodating friendly staff
Cons: Honey as a , Closes at 4PM during week days
Cynthia1998
Cynthia1998

LOVE love LOVE

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2013

The Raw Kitchen is truly amazing. Whatever you have, you won't be disappointed! Situated in the heart of Fremantle in the perfect location(if it was bigger) and has brought raw food to the attention of the general public, which is a great feat! It is very expensive but worth every dollar! The staff are friendly and always helpful! You must try the caramel slice, it is truly heaven!

Pros: Delicious food
Cons: Very small space
EzzieGriffin
EzzieGriffin

treat yourself

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

This place is rad! They have outgrown themselves. Can't wait to see the expansion but until then, will continue to drop in and sample the days salads and sweets! Never fails to impress. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Pros: deliciousness, selection, funk factor
Cons: busy, space

Zulz
Zulz

Best pizza ever!

5 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

I love this place and can't resist grabbing something from there when I'm in Freo. The pizza is amazing, such intense delicious flavours, and the chocolate peppermint bliss balls are addictive. They're always busy and are planning a move to a bigger location in future which shows how popular they are.

Pros: the food, the food, the food
Cons: bit pricey but worth it
Jayjazz
Jayjazz

awsomeness

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2012

Basically what the last review sarrerose said. Try everything eat everything you can fit in/afford its delcious even my non healthy carnivore brother and mate loved it. Choc berry cheesecake the best. I wish this place was near me in the uk. Much more filling than it looks so go have early lunch then come back later for cake, everyday you are there!

Pros: very very yummy, Cake!!!, healthy
serrarose
serrarose

Cruelty-free and totally delicious food!

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

The Raw Kitchen specializes in fresh home-made meals all prepared below 46 degrees C.
The main meals are mouth-watering and include raw (dehydrated) pizza topped with the ultimate in veggie goodness not to mention the to-die for nut cheese, zucchini pasta with a delicious raw tomato sauce and of course we cannot forget the Amazing Nachos - splurge on the large size because they are Delicious! On the dessert menu are some of the most orgasmic dairy free, wheat free and sugar free desserts you will ever have the opportunity to experience. One mouth-watering bite and you will forget they are guilt free and with no nasties. The only challenge is what not to get - because I promise you are going to want to sample it all! The raw smoothies and juices are a perfect complement to the food and go down beautifully. And of course for those of you wanting a hot drink the selection of teas and coffees are worth every penny - the homemade almond nut milk is a real treat. This is one restaurant everyone needs to experience at least once - and I could almost guarantee you will want to come back for more! Don't forget to grab some cutlery and serviettes on the way to your table as this part is self-serve.

Pros: Amazing main meals, mouth watering desserts, friendly staff
Cons: not enough seating
Tara Hawken
Tara Hawken

Delicious!

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

This cafe is fantastic! Highly recommend visiting this cafe for a meal.
Our lunch was delicious. The zucchini mediteranean pasta was so yummy
Must visit!

Pros: Healthy , Raw, YUmmy
Chriss2011
Chriss2011

Raw Kitchen Fremantle Markets

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2011

I had my first taste of the raw food pizza. The slice was generously covered with tomato olives fresh basil which were nice and tangy along with nut cheese and greens. The base though firm is different from traditional pizzas so eating utensils may be needed to eat it with (the raw kitchen was too busy for me to go back and get some utensils so i went without). Then later on I snuck back for a piece of the raw cheesecake.....in my opinion it was delicious light and fluffy, I didn't feel so guilty eating it as it was natural raw food full of goodness, not as heavy as traditional cheesecake! Even my mum who has never tried raw food before loved it!!!!
Updated from previous review on Friday November 11, 2011

Pros: Good size serves, healthy cuisine, fresh ingredients
Cons: Wasn't given eaten utensils with pizza, More extensive menu needed
Guest
Guest

Cool place

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2011

I really like their pizza and choc berry raw cake. My little treats on weekend. Their salad choices are mouth watering too. Very tasty, light.

Pros: Best raw food in the city
Cons: Does not open for dinner
ThrowingMuse
ThrowingMuse

This place will win you over as a raw convert.

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2010

This little store opened just at the right time in the Fremantle markets just when I was really starting to get interested in raw vegan foods.

The main drawing points are the cake and the raw pizza. My initial reaction was always that raw cake and raw pizza would always taste a bit lame. But this place really tore away my initial perceptions and then some. I'm still not quite sure what they use and how they do it to make these dishes such delicious creations, but they do!

The cake I'm always drawn to is the chocolate berry cheesecake which is the best raw cake I've ever tried (other than this one place in Newtown, Sydney). I could eat slice after slice of this and go completely broke if one slice wasn't so filling (I thank the generous nut base).

After having their pizza, it is now such a let down having the cooked version. Unlike most raw pizza I've had elsewhere, the base is really firm and strong and the tomato sauce spicy and generous. It all holds together really well.

They have a way and an art with their smoothies as well, if I want a caffeine fix on a saturday morn in freo, instead of a coffee I now go there for a 'Morning Glory' smoothie, which has banana, agave, ground coffee and macca. Their green smoothie (with spinach) also comes recommended as an easily digested source of greens.

Other items I have less often, but are also of outstanding quality, are the salads, macaroons, wraps, and the multitude of raw books, equipment, and food products available for purchase.

The owners are chatty, inspiring, charismatic and full of advice and wisdom. This is often a very, very good thing but long waits can result if there are more than a couple other customers at a time, due to the labour intensiveness of the smoothie making and the tendency for the owners to get caught in conversation. Still, when not in a mad rush and not hypoglycemic, it teaches one the art of patience.

Pros: totally raw, the pizza and cheesecake, charismatic owners
Cons: some items have honey, long wait times

Dear Owner and Manager of The Raw Kitchen: