The Randy Radish - Food Truck

Vegan food truck operating in the Fairfax and Loudoun counties, launched Apr 2013 - see website for locations & times. Menu changes and includes jackfruit barbecue, tofu reuben on marbled rye, ziggy bars made with oat & berries mixture, and cinnamon buns. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out only

areames1
areames1

Amazing

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

There are not a large number of vegan options in the are. The Randy Radish provides a quick, tasty, and friendly alternative to the everyday choices. I go as often as I can and have never had anything I didn't love!

Pros: Fast, Friendly, Convenient
Cons: Not available everyday
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Impressed!

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

I got to try the food from this truck today at the DC VegFest, and I was quite pleased with it! I got the following: the jack fruit BBQ sandwich, a southwestern spring roll, and the "chicken" nachos. All of it was really good. I tasted my friend's quinoa salad, and that was also very good. I like that the food was healthier takes on comfort foods.

I thought the prices were reasonable.

Pros: All vegan!, Tasty food, Reasonable prices
cookiem
cookiem

Fresh and fast

4 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

This place is great if you can get there- fast food, but healthy and tasty, and oh so vegan. Ok, well, maybe fries aren't healthy, but the rest of the food has good happy veggies, whole grains, no grains and the like. If you are looking for a sandwich, this is your go-to-venue. If you're looking for other types of food, you will be out of luck.

However, for what they do make, it is pretty tasty. They like the Beyond Meat brand, which is good fake chicken to accompany their efforts. They accept credit cards, which is helpful to have when ordering one of everything....

This is a go-to spot if you don't have time to make your own lunch and would like a healthier and more flavorful (often) option.

Pros: Vegan fries with special sauce, Fresh ingredients, Vegan dessert
Cons: Location, Limited menu, Limited hours
beetsrock
beetsrock

Randy Radish for lunch

3 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

I ordered the chicken Caesar wrap and watermelon gazpacho soup for lunch. The wrap was good, but unremarkable and the soup was unusual-tasting in a good way, although halfway through the soup, a ball of sour cream (I think) started to dissolve into the soup and that's when I called it quits. Their Reuben sandwich comes highly recommended but wasn't offered on the menu that day. I would like to try again the next time Randy Radish is traveling my way.

jconrad
jconrad

Amazing

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

I caught the Randy Radish today at the Reston Town Center. I ordered the quinoa and avocado salad and it was very, very good. The ingredients tasted very fresh and the dressing was delicious. I also tried their chez steak and I was shocked that it was vegan--tasted like the real thing. People should come from near and far to check out this fresh and tasty food truck fare.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Randy Radish - Food Truck: