Social venture providing ethical food and platform for the creative arts. Makes all food in its small kitchen. Each day typically offers 3 salads, a soup with fresh bread, filled pies, samosa, quiche, pickles and dips. Free Wi-Fi. Sofas, piano and guitars, a creative corner, kids toys, books, and a Locavore local produce store. Hosts open mic night Friday evenings. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, Western, Take-out, European

Niccatw
Niccatw

Great wee cafe

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2016

I spent the bast part of a morning here catching up with a friend. There was one vegan friendly cake and staff were helpful and making suggestions when I asked about vegan options. Their range of teas is awesome. I kinda wanted more time to mooch about the veg etc. without staff feeling the need to stand by in case I wanted anything (it was particularly quiet when we first went in). Got busy around lunchtime unsurprisingly. Great mix of clientele.

I_love_pears
I_love_pears

cute place

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2016

Small and simple menu with a few vegan options, but nothing too inspired. I had soup and salad, both were tasty enough. Large selection of tasty looking desserts, but none vegan that I could see.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy
craigmc
craigmc

City chill out

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2015

I'm not the biggest fan of comparisons but the project cafe has a similar vibe to the forest cafe in the capital. Arts, chill a small but perfectly formed menu.
The fact they mostly use organic ingredients is a bonus and you canntaste the difference in the salad. Three salad choices which you can have individually or combined, all three were vegan on the day I visited. There was also a soup/stew option which was vegan.
The only criticisms I have is a lack of a sandwich option and a need for a lot more vegan cakes.
Overall can't recommend enough, but like the forest in Edinburgh, its about the project not just the food.

Pros: Enthusiasm, Tasty, Staff
Cons: More cakes needed., Get a sandwich please.

RiverM
RiverM

Chilled out cafe

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2015

(Note, although HappyCow lists this cafe as only veg-friendly, I'm pretty sure their entire menu is vegetarian).

This has provided a nice compliment to Glasgow's veggie scene. It's become my go-to place for brunch and meeting friends for coffee.

They always have a selection of home-made vegan cakes and soups and the service is friendly.

Pros: inexpensive, good coffee, nice cakes
Cons: Most of menu contains dairy

Dear Owner and Manager of The Project Cafe: