Serves meat, veg options available. Offers many veggie options including a vegan burger with tofu-chipotle mayo, vegetarian chili, sauteed tofu, and a vegetarian thanksgiving lentil loaf. Live music sometimes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

Lots of Nice Vegan Options

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

The Press is located in the cutest little town, so if you're traveling, definitely stop here just for a look at the shops.

The restaurant itself is an offbeat artistic restaurant, frequented by the college community in town (staff and students). They often have live music or performances, and there are some great vegan options. They have a vegan chili, salads, cake, and veggie burger that is probably my favorite. They also have a steamed vegetable and rice plate that you can customize, that is really nice if you're trying to stay healthy. There are a lot of vegetarian items as well, my husbands favorites are the vegetarian taquitos. Definitely worth a visit, you wont be disappointed. And try the fries, they have a lot of different types of potatoes in there and it's a nice little change. Sometimes when they have no servers come in, they need a brush up on vegan options, other times the servers are vegan, so if you're wondering about a menu item make sure to ask. It's also more busy at night and you may need a reservation. I try to go for lunch to beat the crowds.

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Nice Community
Cons: Serves Meat, Can get crowded
ozzyprv
ozzyprv

very nice and cozy place

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

Recommended. Few vegan and vegetarian options on the menu. Good for going out with people that unfortunately still eat dead animals.

Pros: vegan options
buxombella
buxombella

Excellent lunch

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2011

My husband and I visited this restaurant on Saturday afternoon. They have inside seating and two tables outside in front. My husband ordered a chicken burrito as he is not a vegan. I am a vegan and found several vegan-friendly items on the menu. The burrito was huge and full of chicken, rice, and black beans. I ordered an avocado and alfalfa sprout sandwich with chipolte-miso spread on squaw bread. It is usually served toasted but I asked to have it left untoasted. The sandwich and burrito came with side salad, soup or "press fries" which were a trio of potatoes. My only complaint was my squaw bread was a little dry, possibly stale. I sent it back and got a softer, fresher piece of bread. We would definitely return to this restaurant in the future.

Pros: reasonable price, excellent food, large portions
Cons: squaw bread was a little stale

Dear Owner and Manager of The Press Restaurant: