The Present Moment Cafe and...

Saint Augustine vegan raw food cafe featuring a rotating menu. Serves cooked vegan food in addition to raw food. Coffee drinks, raw breakfast all day, cashew hummus, pizza, sushi rolls, portobello croquettes, cacao rum banana parfait, nut and fruit "milks," juices, and desserts available. Eclectic decor with artwork on the walls. Also a specialty food market selling a variety of raw products and supplies. Live music some evenings. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, American, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by terik
rakesh_yadav
rakesh_yadav

Heavenly

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

I was recently in St. Augustine, FL with my girl friend to enjoy the beautiful beaches. On first day I was just checking out some good places to eat out near our hotel which was about 10-15 min. drive from the downtown. The top hits were some nearby vegetarian friendly restaurants. Since we had a rented car (thanks to the amazing US public-transport) I scrolled down the list and found this highly rated cafe. We decided to try it out. And boy did we make an awesome decision! The food was amazing and mostly raw. As a starter we had raw veggies with cashew hummus. This was very tasty. I can't recall the name of the main course which I and my girl friend shared but it was very nice as well. And for desert we had a brownie sundae with cashew ice cream. We were both "Mmmm"ing and the waitress already new that we were enjoying our meal :D

We also went back on the second night (last night) and were blown away with the food quality and the modesty of the whole place. Highly recommend it!

As for the parking space they have some modest options. We could easily find parking when we went for dinner.

Pros: Heavenly food, Excellent service, Beautiful ambiance
ActiveCaptain
ActiveCaptain

Worth a 5 mile walk...

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

We live on our boat and have to walk to restaurants when we land in a town. The Present Moment is a mile from the St Augustine City Marina but I'd walk much further to come back.

The food is outstanding. Definitely in the top range of all Vegan restaurants we've been at along the east coast. Prices are reasonable, service is friendly, and the total experience is worth 10 stars. We had dessert only because we didn't want to leave (we were pretty full). Even that had us asking each other if it would be OK to lick the plates!

We'll come back to St Augustine again. But next time, it'll be because of The Present Moment.

Pros: Food quality, Interesting menu
Cons: There are no cons
kathym
kathym

• herbivore

Great find!

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

If it weren't for Happy Cow, we would have never found this place. There is nothing on the outside of the building that gives it away unless you know what you are looking for. Very inviting atmosphere, very friendly staff, and very delicious food! Would definitely eat here again when in the area.

Pros: Delicious food, reasonably priced, very clean and inviting
Cons: hard to spot (poor signage), small parking area in the back
CuriousMe
CuriousMe

Present Moment - Unforgettable

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

We were just driving thru St. Augustine but managed to eat here twice - in addition to taking carryout for the road - and plan on stopping by again as we head home. Everything we had - from sushi to soup to collard wraps and more - was exceptional. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Pros: incredible food, friendly, knowledgeable staff, nice vibe

panyvinito
panyvinito

Best Reasong to go to St. Augustine

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

I love this place. We go to St. Augustine all the time and always make sure we can stop by there and get food.

Daniellern
Daniellern

great food served raw, yes raw!

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

Our first meal at Present moment cafe was great andDelicious. From the moment you walk in and smell the herbs and spices, you know it's going to be a great place. My meal started with the cashew hummus and my husband had the Guacamole both accompanied by dehydrated corn chips that are out of this world! The hummus was rich and creamy and beautifully presented. The guacamole was fresh and filling. Main courses were pesto pasta which was so wonderful I didn't care it wasn't pasta, and pad Thai which was flavorful and satisfying. Generous portion left us pleasantly full and satisfied. The vanilla cashew ice cream was wonderful and the perfect topper to the evening. The place was very busy and a little cramped, but the lack of wait staff was surprisingly not off putting. They tried to accommodate everyone and got our order correct the first time. Will definitely return!
Updated from previous review on Monday October 14, 2013

Pros: Quality , Delicious , Large variety
Cons: lack of seating, lack of wait staff for a Saturday night
micococo
micococo

best food ever !

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

Omg, the present moment cafe is an experience you want to last forever. The food is so incredibly delicious & unique.
I got the sampler plate which easily fed the two of us.
Definitely I recommend coming here if you're in the area, or even passing by on the hwy.

Pros: tasty, good value, nice ambiance
Cons: this doesn't exist in my hometown :(
CRVeg
CRVeg

Best I've Encountered

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

Every time I've been here the food, presentation, and service have been fantastic. Options for both Vegan and Raw. I've taken persons here that were a little unsure and they loved it. My favorites include the Kale and Avocado salad, the samosas, and the Tacos of Life.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 13, 2013

Pros: In St. Agustine, Good price, Fast Service
Cons: Small, Not across my street
mrsgoodstuff
mrsgoodstuff

• raw

Truly gourmet raw cuisine!

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

Every time we travel we look for a truly vegan restaurant but typically end up with a place offering a couple vegan options, mostly consisting of pasta. So we were thrilled to fine this gem of a restaurant. Truly a vegan menus. We live close to Sublime in Ft Lauderdale which s a lovely place & has a nice menu; however, it they rely on a lot of soy, processed non-dairy 'cheese' etc Not the case at this place. The menus was literally full of raw entrees and it was a pleasant surprise to think I probably would ave enjoyed anything I chose. My husband had a raw 'burger' and I had a zucchini pasta with a raw creamy pesto sauce with sundered tomatoes. Bot entrees came with a wonderfully simple field greens salad dressed with lemon oil. And for dessert we had a black cherry ganache pie that was probably the best raw dessert I have ever eaten. The organic wine selection is more than adequate (we had a great Pinot noir) and the duo performing the live music was really good-we didn't expect that at all! It was very romantic & relaxing as well as reasonably priced. We 'cook' this way at home & high quality ingredients are expensive so I was pleasantly surprised by the prices! We will definitely go again next time we are in town

Pros: Reasonably priced, Detailed menu, Organic wine selection
Cons: Agave nectar-not coconut or yacon
shakes13t
shakes13t

EAT HERE!

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

We stopped in St. Augustine on our way north. We got dinner and dessert from Present Moment and it was so good that we got breakfast and lunch on our way out of town. I feel that I am a pretty tough critic of raw food specifically, and this place was great! It was really flavorful but not too heavy. Creative and solid. Not all the food is raw, not all the raw is 100% raw, but if you want an entirely raw meal, just ask and you will get something delicious. We had the samosa dinner and the pad thai, both with fantastic flavor, and the cobbler and ice cream for dessert. I wasn't crazy about the dessert, but it was good. Breakfast was raw pancakes and a loaded bagel (yum, yum) and lunch was a raw burger and a mushroom special with parsnip rice, both very good. Not very expensive, and a really cute place with nice, friendly patrons and staff. Nice music on Friday night, too. We will definitely go back anytime we are in St. Augustine, and will likely find a reason to get back there sooner than later for this place. Even the faded painting on the outside of the building is interesting. LOVE IT!

Pros: Everything, Deliciousness, Tastiness
yvette28
yvette28

DE-LI-CIOUS

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2013

Someone told me about this restuarant several months ago. I promised to check it out the next time I was in St. Augustine. Well, my aunt and I went there for lunch today and had the BEST meal. She had the Sunlight Burger and I had the Tacos of Life. I was so in to my plate that I didn't get to taste her burger, but I tell you what, my tacos were SO good that I was upset that I got full and ddn't get to finish :-) The dehydrated corn tortilla chips were to die for and the pine nut chili and walnut puree was divine. Everthing was so savory and well placed. I was in eternal bliss eating their food. They have published a cookbook that is also sold on Amazon that I will be purchasing tomorrow. They have the recipe in there for the tortilla chips and pine nut chili and I can't wait to make it at home. Oh, did I mention the cashew vanilla ice cream?? Mmmmm.

MelissaLosos
MelissaLosos

Fresh and delicious

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

LOVED IT!!! the food was so good, presented beautifully, by very very nice people.

Pros: Delicious fresh food, friendly staff, nice ambiance
Scott Grenerth
Scott Grenerth

Awesome!

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

Fantastic mostly raw food, very nice staff, a great place to try raw food for the first time.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Nice setting
Mziskal
Mziskal

beyond amazing

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2012

I cannot believe this restaurant is near me in St Augustine because it is the quality of the raw restaurants from San Francisco. I cld eat here every day. The food is so delicious I eat very slowly to savor each morsel. I am inspired to cook raw vegan food with the help of the amazing cookbook they sell. I could go in forever--- it is amazing

Pros: vegan, calm & inviting, delicious food
jjbiba
jjbiba

Great food and great atmosphere

5 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

I loved this restaurante. Went for the first time yesturday and will be back soon.

Pros: excellent good, friendly staff, noce vibe
Cons: small market
CordesIka
CordesIka

delicious!

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2012

I was thrilled to find this gem of a restaurant and I lived my meal so much I bought their cookbook. However the service was disappointing

Pros: delicious food, nice ambiance
Cons: service
GeorgeWang
GeorgeWang

Simply Impeccable!

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2012

I live outside of metropolitan Houston and have been to a dozen+ veganvegetarian restaurants in my busy city as well as many other great veganvegetarian restaurants in LA, Taipei, Shanghai and Macau... I have to place this restaurant as one of top 5. Great food presentation, decor, friendly staff and wide range of creative menu. Only drawback is parking space. Since it's St Augustine, totally understandable. I will always swing by this place whenever I'm around this area in future. Highly recommended!

Pros: Excellent cuisine , Friendly staff, Gorgeous presentation
Cons: Parking
daveoz
daveoz

The Best there is!

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

I live in Northern California and enjoy very good restaurants that serve vegan and raw food, but Present Moment is absolutely the best there is. The creativity and taste are wonderful! My company is headquartered in Jacksonville. and when I come to Florida I head to Present Moment. I brought three meat eating friends to dinner one night and they were amazed how wonderful the food tasted! Hopefully I will convert them to veganism! This is an absolute must visit if you are anywhere close to St. Augustine.

Jacqueline1964
Jacqueline1964

Good and not so good

3 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2012

The food was excellent. There were 2 people serving. One female one male. I would only go back if the male wasn't serving. We felt invisible. Bad service. The female eventually took over and what a difference. She was quick, apologetic and super helpful. Again, the food was awesome.

Pros: excellent food, ambiance , good value
Cons: service, no ice
conjon1982
conjon1982

The BEST in Raw Foods is The Present Moment Cafe

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2012

If you are looking for fresh,raw, vegan food, this is the place to go. The Present Moment Cafe specializes in serving veggies at their ultimate freshness in a variety of ways that will have you humming through your meal. They offer wonder soups, wraps, dehydrated pizza and cookies, as well as Hugo's Muffins, which include gluten free,dairy free muffins. At The Present Moment Cafe you will find food to feed your body, not just fill it!

Pros: healthy cuisine, friendly, informative staff, wonderful atmosphere
Cons: none
dsc2078
dsc2078

Worth The Visit

5 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2011

Despite being away from the touristy part of downtown St. Augustine, or perhaps because it is so, this was a great spot to have lunch with friends. Friendly service, great food, and laid back atmosphere. Would certainly eat here again next time we are in town.

Pros: excellent foot, friendly staff, right sized portions

Simply Delicious in St. Augustine

4 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

It has been a year since I first visited, planning to go again soon. Great raw food- a delicious meal, but the portions seemed quite scarce for the price. I think they are trying to make a point with the smaller portions. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the atmosphere was a bit cliquish. I felt like you had to be skinny to eat there without getting funny looks. Very creative menu. I will definitely try it again!
Parking in back, not in the best part of St. Augustine, but the dog and cat in the parking lot made me feel very welcome!
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 11, 2011
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 11, 2011

Pros: Good food, Creative menu, Great decor
Cons: Location, Pricey, Small portions
Julie R
Julie R

EVERYTHING ABOUT PRESENT MOMENT IS FANTASTIC

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2011

First, I am not usually a raw person - mainly because it's not an option where I live and I don't see places like this too often. I visit lots of vegan / vegetarian places, but rarely raw - and, I admit, I was skeptical. WOW! Were my eyes opened today. This was one of the best meals I have ever had.

I decided early on I was going to love this place from the moment I walked in. It's so cute and charming and my server could not have been nicer or friendlier; a very warm, welcoming atmosphere.

Having no idea what to order, I started with a butternut and potato soup (served warm). It was beyond delicious! Just so full of flavor.

My lunch was the Land and Sea Salad Plate (scoop of unTuna pate sunflower and almond pate topped with a lemon caper sauce plus marinated sea vegetable served with crisp, live, corn chips and a citrus green salad). It was so delicious I can't even do it justice trying to describe it. I had no idea what the unTuna was, but I loved it. This was a whole new dining experience for me and I can't wait to go back!

The owner of this cafe came over and was talking to me. She was so nice and explained what everything was. It was such a delightful experience for me, I hope this review encourages people to go to this cafe -- even if it's a bit of a drive, you won't be disappointed.

Some of the other reviews, while all good, did mention it was pricey. I noticed that on the menu; however, when my meal came ($9, not too bad), it was worth every penny - from the beautiful presentation to the abundant flavor, it was just perfect and very much worth the price. I don't mind paying for a meal when it's this delicious.

They also have free wi-fi and serve you a karafe of water with lemon in it - I like that not having to keep asking for water. There's free parking around the back of the cafe.

All-in-all -- Fantastic! If I could give it 10 Happy Cows, I would!

Pros: Fantastic food, Charming place, Friendly service
Justasia
Justasia

Words Can Not Define How Wonderful!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2011

I visited the Present Moment cafe in May 2011. I was in St. Augustine attending a wedding and googled vegan places to eat. Words can not define how wonderful the "energy" of the staff is. The enviornment is attractive andexcellent food clean, and the food is absolutely delicious. They catered to my gluten free diet, and even when the restuarant was closed for business due to a special fundraiser, they welcomed me in, prepared food for myself and my son for our road trip back to NY, and gave a generous amount, so that my son would be content. I consider myself blessed to have such a wonderful dining experience. To put the icing on the vegan cake, the staff is Extremely friendly. I have traveled to various places, and reside in New York where there are countless vegan restuarants. The Present Moment Cafe ranks #1 on my list. I can't thank them enough for their hospitality.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great hours of operation
Cons: mot located in ny where I live
deannafitzgerald
deannafitzgerald

Not to be missed!

5 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2011

Updated for visit on June 2, 2011. This place has amazing food. This time we had a Kale Salad appetizer, then a trio of entrees and a banana split. My mom, who is not a vegan and thinks it's all a little strange had a caesar salad and really enjoyed it. About that trio of entrees, there's a menu item where by you can choose smaller portions of 3 entrees and it comes with a soup or salad and the whole thing is enough for 2 people. Considering we were visiting from out of town and the whole menu looked good, that gave us a chance to try everything. The zuchini pasta pesto was my favorite and along with it we had the daily collard wrap and the burrito. For dessert, the banana split. Our server gave us each a shot glass of his favorite smoothy concoction on the house and it was fabulous too. Definitely check this place out.

Pros: creative menu, wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff
  • deannafitzgerald deannafitzgerald

By the way, I posted some pictures above.

RawLady
RawLady

Nice Place

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2011

The food is very good, not overdone or bland like some other raw food restaurants. And the people are very nice. We are new to raw foods and will definitely be back for more.

lynnkz
lynnkz

great vegan food

5 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

Hubby and I went for lunch today. I had the Land and Sea Salad Plate and he had the Sunlight Burger. Both were yummy and light, and even with dessert (the Brownie Sundae) we walked out not feeling like we'd eaten bowling balls.

Pros: healthy vegan , nice variety , dessert was awesome
Cons: a little pricey
soopernish
soopernish

An amazing meal!

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2011

This is a raw foods restaurant, and the food is FANTASTIC! I had an appetizer, a main dinner course, and a dessert. The server was very helpful. It took awhile for the food to come out (it was crowded while I was there), but it was well worth the wait. The food was so well prepared and so beautifully plated that I was surprised it did not take longer.

Pros: Raw, Healthy food, Friendly staff
msarthur
msarthur

Incredible Experience!!

5 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2010

I live in the Washington DC area and was not expecting to find such a wonderful vegan place over the Christmas holidays!! It is not in the chi chi part of St. Augustine but do not let external appearances fool you! The inside is tastefully decorated, warm, and inviting with a wonderful aroma and friendly owners. I ordered tacos which were so beautifully presented I had to take a photo for Facebook. The food was delicious. The prices reasonable. The desserts guilt-free yet decadent. My father plans to go back again.

Pros: healthy cuisine, excellent food, friendly staff
silic0nsilence
silic0nsilence

Delicious Food

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2010

My wife and I visited this place recently and were very happy with it. We are long time vegetarians, and have recently moved from the Mecha of Vegan/Vegetarian life, NYC. Of course, being the south, there is close to no vegetarian restaurants. In fact, this is the only one within hours of where we currently live, and we are happy to have it!

I disagree with the people that said it's in a bad neighborhood. It was a very quiet road with a few shops. I guess anywhere that doesn't have a mob of people makes some nervous. My only hope is that this place remains open since it is out of the way from most things in St. Augustine.

The food was delicious and the plating IMMACULATE. With 2 appetizers, and 2 dinner entrees, the price was roughly $40. We would have had some of the delicious-sounding dessert, but left satisfied from the portions of dinner.

We checked out the market which didn't offer much. Just a few things you could grab on your way out. (The vegan cookies are amazing).

The only thing I would have liked is cold water. The water pitchers they brought to the table had no ice and were room temperature. I'm for raw foods and all but I like my water cold! (The water tasted deliciously pure however).

We will definitely return to this place as often as possible!

Pros: Cruelty-Free Food, Healthy, Economical
Cons: Warm Water
ascwing
ascwing

Enjoyable

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2010

The Present Moment is a great little spot off the main touristy area of St. Augustine. Among the items the four of us ordered, nothing was bad and the majority was very good. The prices are a bit higher than I typically feel comfortable with-- I understand that preparing raw and live food isn't a cheap venture, but perhaps smaller or half-portions at lower prices would be a good option to remedy this.

Pros: delicious food, variety of options, kind and accomodating staff
Cons: expensive
cjb225
cjb225

Mixed review

3 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2010

Present Moment is a nicely decorated, friendly, small eating establishment. Even though I am vegan, I have never eaten at a raw food restaurant before so I really did not know what to expect. I came in the middle of the afternoon, in between lunch and dinner. Consequently, I was the only customer seated in the entire restaurant. In spite of my being the only customer ordering lunch, the place was noisy with loud conversation by the apparent owner/manager. Although it was not bothersome at first, the relentlessness of the vocal clamor became uncomfortable. As for the food, I got the "Sunshine Burger," which came with a side of greens, 2 pita chips and 2 pickle spears. I was caught by surprise when the burger was cold -- but tasty. However, it was so discordant with my expectations that I probably will not order it again. For dessert, I ordered a fabulous almond milk/banana/strawberry/blueberry smoothie. It did not disappoint. If you are accustomed to raw food restaurants, you will no doubt enjoy Present Moment. If you are veggie or vegan and are new to this cuisine, be prepared for something that may be outside your comfort zone.

sufico
sufico

Amazing Experience - Best raw food ever

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2010

My wife and I traveled to St. Augustine for a last minute weekend getaway (from South Carolina) and were excited to find a veg restaurant. The Present Moment Cafe is what made our trip memorable. Neither of us eat strictly raw, but all vegan, so we were excited to try a raw place for a change. We had dinner on Saturday night - The Creamy White Truffle Pesto Pasta & the Jerk Tempeh burger special (not 100% raw), the Kale Avocado salad & the Pecan/Apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert. EVERYTHING was so delicious, especially the pasta and the dessert -- we couldn't believe how good the cashew ice cream was & had to ask our server how they make it. We couldn't believe it was raw.

Our server was very friendly and helpful; the atmosphere in here is great too. We also had their wine; my wife loved the 14 Hands Reisling and I got the Malbec which was also yummy. We had a wonderful romantic evening. We were sad that they were closed on Sunday, otherwise we would have gone back for sure. But before leaving town Monday morning, we stopped in for breakfast - delicious! I had an awesome bagel with hummus, tomato, avocado, onion and sprouts and my wife had the raw blueberry pancakes. The coffee was great too.

As far as the other reviews saying it's too pricey - the quality of the RAW food is worth every cent. Every dish is made fresh to order and this place is definitely less expensive than many other raw restaurants. The portion size is also more generous than most.

We will absolutely return here during our next visit, and have nothing but praise for this place.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Closed Sunday
Paddles
Paddles

Run, Don't Walk, to This Restaurant!

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2010

I am from New York and pride myself on having eaten in some of the world's best restaurants. Present Moment is THE best restaurant, vegetarian or not, that I have ever eaten in. The food is art. It is beautifully prepared, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. I have been vegan/vegetarian for years and had been skeptical about raw food; I never felt well after eating it. But by the time we got to St. Augustine, I just wanted healthy food and so ended up at Present Moment. Frankly, I wasn't expecting much. The raw food was amazing and only made me feel more energized. We ate every single meal there for the rest of our vacation, except one (and we regretted that). We are awaiting the Prsent Moment cook book and have begun the transition to eating all raw. Oh, and one more thing. Yvette, the owner, is a visionary and her staff is knowlegable, committed and extremely hard working. The service, too, was beyond anything I've experienced. Truly, I would go back to St. Augustine just for Present Moment, it's that good.

Pros: Fabulous Food, Wonderful Staff, Beautiful Place
Cons: Not in Connecticut where I live
AllisonTheVegan
AllisonTheVegan

Not 100% vegan

3 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2010

Although I absolutely adore this place, I always thought it was a completely vegan restaurant since that's how they advertise it. However the other day i went in there to get a muffin and it turns out NONE of them were vegan. And once they even had a bacon and cheese muffin. That really disappointed me.

• AllisonTheVegan AllisonTheVegan

I was just going by what a worker told me. When I went, none of the muffins were vegan. I didn't mean to offend you, I was only warning other vegans to ask because of my experience there.

I still love your restaurant and will be continue eating there.

• yvette yvette

SERIOUS CLARIFICATION

THE ONLY BACON WE EVER SERVED WAS "COCONUT BACON" WHICH WE MAKE FROM SEASONED DEHYDRATED COCONUT FLESH, (THE OTHER WHITE MEAT).

NEVER HAVE WE SERVED BACON NOR ANY ANIMAL FLESH AT THE CAFE. OUR BREAKFAST MENU HAS DAIRY OPTIONS ALONG WITH OUR NUT CHEESEs AND MILKS.

THE MUFFINS VARY AND INCLUDE VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS AS WELL AS CUSTOM REQUESTS.

WE ADORE YOU TOO AND

HOPE TO FEED YOU AGAIN SOME DAY.

Fairisle
Fairisle

Unique

5 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2010

My wife and I had a pleasant time and a great meal at Present Moment. The resturant was quiet and the server was well informed about the menu. I had expected to pay more for healthy and flavourful food. We encourage all vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters to try this resturant. I hope to buy their cook book if such a book becomes available. I want to know more about the ocean veggies and how to cook the zucchini spagetti with such divine sause. I wish we could have tried some dessert. Next time we will start with dessert. Thanks for the great experience Present Moment. I loved our table, yes the actual table we ate from. The server shared its history, drop by if you are curious.

Pros: unique, friendly staff, excellent food
vegankitty
vegankitty

The Present Moment Cafe/St. Augustine, FL

4 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2010

Alas, we had just eaten lunch elsewhere, so we only stopped for coffee and dessert. But still-WOW!-it was the best dessert I've had in ages. We shared a scrumptiously displayed brownie sundae with vanilla cashew ice cream, chocolate sauce, brownie bites, and delicious cherries. It was one of the highlights of my weekend vacation. Too bad the place isn't open on Sundays, because I would have loved to eat a full meal there before leaving Florida.

Pros: great dessert, friendly service
Cons: closed Sundays
GP Tonkowich
GP Tonkowich

Has it all

5 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2010

Nice location, comfortable decor, friendly service, great value, healthy and delectable food...Massaged Kale Avocado Salad, Collard Wrap, and End of Paralysis Juice - Celery, cucumber, kale, lemon are just three items worth the drive to historic St Augustine. To raw foodists and vegetarians alike, it is an "easy get to" off I-95.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
miss amy
miss amy

Miss Amy

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2009

WOW,I live in Maryland and was vacationing in Florida, came across this cafe and was very impressed with the staff and the warm and inviting cafe. Because of my geographic location there are many vegan/vegetarian places to choose from and I have eaten at many. So many places have one thing right and several things wrong. So to compare The Present Moment Cafe and Market to some of the best places to eat, get great customer service and wonderful food I was batting 100. First, the cafe was clean Second, customer service was top rated (in America we often lack this one). Third, the warmth of home was inviting. Last but not least, and very important the food was beautifully displayed, seasoned just right and tasted like no other raw/vegan foods I have ever eaten before. I enjoyed every mouth of food that was eaten. Any to top off all this when I walked in the door my favorite artist "Stevie Wonder" was playing softly in the backdrop. (perfect). Did I mention the cucumber water served, this good was great. The price was good, the portion for the price was great. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give The Present Moment Cafe and Market an 11. Miss Amy, Fort Washington, MD

Pros: Excellent Food, Excellent Staff, Very Warm Feeling
Cons: Market could be expanded
riotnikki
riotnikki

• non-vegetarian

Amazing food but a little pricey

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2009

The food here is worth the drive from Ocala to St. Augustine. When I had my birthday this was the one place I wanted to go. It is not inexpensive but this is pure raw vegan cuisine of the nature you'd find in a big city. It is totally unexpected in St. Augustine. the vibe is super positive from the moment you walk in. You just want to hang out there all day - make sure you go in time to check out their little market next door. I bought some terrific raw foods there as a special treat.

We had the Holy Guacamole and Salsa ($8) and while the portion wasn't really enough for two it was still delicious. The dehydrated corn chips are a revelation!

I had the Sunlight Burger ($13) and my Mom had the Pad Thai ($16) which was a decent sized serving compared to my wee little raw burger. But they were both delicious. Just so fresh and life giving.

The juices were amazing for $6.50 each - we had the Green Dream Machine and it was incredible.

For dessert we shared the Blueberry Parfait ($7). Once again perfect raw food. My mouth waters just thinking of it.

They have so many options for healthy, delicious food and you can really share certain entrees. It is better food than you will get just about anywhere and you must consider this. You will just not find such fresh raw cuisine anywhere in Florida.

Pros: delicious food, great vibe, healthy raw food
Cons: pricey
piffelina
piffelina

a bit of a disappointment

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

i can't really say what went wrong, but i guess maybe the price had something to do with it. the food was beautifully presented, and i thought the hummus was fantastic, although a bit too little. i got the burrito and the boyfriend got some kind of nachos plate - both were okay, but not more than that. that and one glass of strawberry milk was almost $8 which was just too pricey. (*edited by HappyCow: the actual price is $6.50 not $8)

Pros: nicely presented, good hummus
Cons: expensive, too small portions
  • FuzzyWuzzy FuzzyWuzzy

I eat there weekly if not more often...... and know their prices by heart..... you're meal adds up to less than $40. ,,,,,,, so what are you smoking?????

• yvette yvette

The cashew hummus which comes w/crudites & dehydrated corn chips is $7.00. The strawberry shake made with fresh almond milk & organic strawberries is $6.50. The dehydrated tortilla filled with pine nut, walnut chili pate, guacamole, coconut sour cream and Jalapeno vinaigrette served with salad is $11.00.
    The nachos platter is $12.00. Your total with tax should have been under $40.00, so something is not adding up right in this review.

suthenboy
suthenboy

Being Present at The Present Moment Cafe

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2009

A wonderful dining experience. Vegan live food at its finest. For more details visit the blog review.

Pros: variety, good prices, atmosphere
Cons: road construction
Sukiegirl
Sukiegirl

awesome experience

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2009

While on a getaway to St. Augustine, I was desperate for vegan food. This restaurant was recommended to me by a girl in a coffee shop. My meal was incredible! I had sushi and miso soup that was really delicious. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable. My carnivore husband even commented on how good his burrito was. We would both definitely return there the next time we are in town.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, nutritious
gmAn
gmAn

Excellent

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2009

This is indeed one of the very best Raw Vegan Restaurants I've ever been to; I'd never expect to find such a place in a small town like St. Augustine!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine
kmlamb
kmlamb

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2009

I was in St. Augustine for four days and went to the Present Moment Cafe three times for take-out.

It's a little out of the way from the historic district, but well worth the five minute drive. Not a single meal disappointed. The only item I got that wasn't downright amazing was the hummus- which was just because I'm picky and hot-and-cold about hummus. I had an amazing strawberry milk (when, as a kid, I couldn't stand strawberry milk made with real cow's milk. This almond milk was amazing), a fantastic burrito for the first time in ages, the best eggplant parmesan I've had in my life EVER, amazingly creamy cashew ice cream, and some flavor packed pad thai (that was big enough for more than two meals). Most of the items, you wouldn't know they were raw fare- they tasted so amazing. The only tip off would be the dehydrated chips and the lack of a heavy feeling stomach afterwards!

I only wish I had the time to go through their raw market section during my stay. And that I lived in the area and could eat there more often than just when on vacation.

Fantastic laid back environment, amazing raw food, kind and patient servers, eco-friendly take out supplies, and just overall a wonderful experience. Highly recommended!

Pros: fantastic daily specials, great environment, know what they're doing
Cons: a bit pricey, a bit out of the way
pheasance
pheasance

Wish I lived clsoer!

5 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2008

I make regular treks from Jacksonville to enjoy the outstanding food at the Present Moment. Check out the specials board on the back wall for not-on-the-menu delights -- that's where I've found some of my all-time favorites, such as the Tom Gha soup and the spinach lasagne. Definitely save room for dessert, too.

Pros: awesome food, cozy atmosphere
Ceili1966
Ceili1966

unique meal

3 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2008

We loved the cashew hummus. Had the veggie burger - no bun and mushy. Also had the nutloaf with pasta. The pasta was great but the nut loaf was mushy like the veggie burger. The only beer was organic. I like Miller Lite so didn't try any they had.

FuzzyWuzzy
FuzzyWuzzy

• raw

Visionary, Blissful, Habit Forming!

5 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2008

This joyous cafe truly glows from within. The owner, front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house staff make you feel like family while you savor every living morsel. Must-haves are the Nut-loaf, Banana Split (not on the menu-ask for it) and the Universe Drink. Go to the Market next door for your raw lifestyle supplies, smoothies, and raw take-away!

Pros: Owner & Staff, Great prices, Amazing food - all of it!
Cons: None, None, None!
vegan sunshine
vegan sunshine

VERY refreshing

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

The seaweed noodles are good, the hours are strange,the yogurt parfait tasted a little too much like apple cider venegar. Nonetheless, it is a good place for vegans. I love that there is a copy of "Diet For a New America" in the sitting area.

Pros: 100% vegan, truly healthy
Cons: too much vinegar in the parfait
tracy
tracy

Great Food!

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2008

I love everything about The Present Moment Cafe. The food, drinks, staff, and atmosphere are excellent. My favorites are the nachos and sea vegetables. The desserts are wonderful. They even serve beer and wine. Don't forget to visit the store next door for gifts and take out. I recommend the any of the cookies.

Pros: Amazing Food, Beer & Wine Offered, Chill Atmosphere
css
css

A plus for Romance, Freshness, Uniqueness

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2007

I was very impressed by the originality and je ne sais quoi of the chef! I am happy you have made me rethink my views on vegetarian cuisine. No one has mentioned that you serve wine, too. The whole experience was a delight. Thanks.

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Friendly staff
ivorygate
ivorygate

my favorite raw experience

5 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2007

I have traveled far and wide looking for raw restaurants to please my senses, and the Present Moment Cafe is #1 on my list, by far. Yvette has masterfully created a space worthy of repeat visits. And the raw cashew ice cream! Oh my!

I believe Northeast Florida's raw movement is exapnding daily, and the Present Moment's mission to keep creating this live cuisine will be at the forefront of that expansion.

Pros: coziness, food!, Yvette and staff
brainyblonde
brainyblonde

• raw

The Present Moment is where I want to be!

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2007

I've made the hour drive to this little sanctuary in Saint Augustine many times now... From the first time til' just after they opened I knew I was hooked. Not only is the food some of the best prepared raw "living" food I've ever eaten. But the service, ambiance and music are always absolutely perfect. I make sure I don't eat much before I go that day. So I can have at least one or two of their fabulous smoothies or juices.. And then no matter which entree I order I am thrilled. I try to leave a little room for dessert as well.. I just can't pass them up! The new eco store/deli that they have next door is a dream come true. I need to get back up there and stock up on some hard to find items (including the Jason's almond whitening toothpaste I can't find anywhere else!) The deli food they make is different from what they serve next door, but just as delicious and healthy. Yvette the owner always has a smile for everyone and somehow remembers all our names. I will keep making that hour drive up the coast to go there for years to come!

Pros: the food, the service, music and ambianc
Cons: still haven't found any!
aglenn0
aglenn0

Very creative food and friendly staff!

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2007

We stopped by the Present Moment on our way out of St. Augustine since it was closed for most of our visit (Sunday-Monday). We are both vegetarians but had never experinced raw food. The staff was very friendly and willingly explained the raw food diet and even allowed us to tour their up-and-coming store. The food was very interesting and creative. I look forward to trying The Present Moment again next time I am in St. Augustine.

Pros: Creative food, Healthy, Friendly Staff
Cons: closed on Sun. and Mon., Pricey, Not convenient to downtown
dpbalance
dpbalance

• non-vegetarian

Creative, delicious, unique, fragrant, spiritual

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2007

I'm a carnivore (mostly fish, not much red meat) and was a bit skeptical about the raw food concept. My gawd, what a revelation Present Moment is! Just walk in the door and the intoxicating spicy aroma hooks you. The decor is simple yet sophisticated. This could be in San Francisco or New York and be a huge hit. Hard to believe it's in podunk tourist town St. Augustine, and on the "wrong side of the tracks" to boot. Worth seeking out. The appetizers are wonderful, the regular menu is constantly rewarding, and the daily specials are miracles of creativity and satisfying cuisine. I'm not a dessert eater, but I ALWAYS order the cacao torte with drunken bananas for a sweet after dinner. Not only is the food unbelievably good in the raw genre, it's just plain good, period. I saw a review here griping about the portions and the prices. I don't know where they were coming from. The portions are perfect and the prices are reasonable. And I agree with the reviewers who say they feel great physically after eating here. You walk away sated, happy, and feeling your body saying, "thank you! You did something good for me!" Yvette, the owner, is an artistic and culinary treasure.

Pros: excellent healthy food, casual sophisticated ambience, friendly staff
Cons: NONE!
Guest

On a ten point scale, this place is a 15!

5 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2007

Whether you are into raw foods or not, whether you are even a vegetarian/vegan or not, please give The Present Moment Cafe a try. You will not be disappointed! The charming quality of the servers and their attentive and prompt service, the quirky, eclectic decor, including some really wonderful artwork, all serve as a backdrop to the amazing and creatively presented food. Everything tastes so good, looks so good and is so good for you, there is no downside here.

I brought my sister (I'm vegan, she's not) and we both enjoyed our meal so much. Our server cheerfully and knowledgeably answered many questions. We had the Portobello mushroom appetizer (so good, we ordered a 2nd one), Chile Rellenos, Portobello Croquettes, Kale Salad and fruit tartlet for dessert. We ate a huge amount of food, and still took home enough for lunch the next day. I felt the prices were more than fair, considering the quality and the quantity of the food. Can't wait to go back! Well done to the whole staff for an amazing experience!

Pros: wonderful, welcoming atmosphere, Incredibly delicious food, knowledgeable, charming staff
Cons: I only wish it was closer to Orlando
loveraw
loveraw

Wonderful!

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2007

I did not realize that there is a raw food restauraunt in the Jacksonville area. We found the food absolutely delicious -- the deserts were wonderful and service excellent.

Pros: excellent food, great staff, tasty and exocit foods

5 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2007

My husband and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary at your restaurant. It came highly reccommended. We both loved it. My husband is a big meat eater and he was impressed. I am returning soon and cannot wait. It was a wonderful experience. Thank you

terik
terik

Great experience

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2007

We had a great experience there at the Present Moment. The service was exceptional, the food was great and the owner was awesome.
we will be back there again and again!

Pros: very good Value, good size portions

Dear Owner and Manager of The Present Moment Cafe and Market: