The Plant Cafe Organic -...

Serves meat, veg options available. Organic food cafe with a few locations in San Francisco. Offers an extensive menu featuring raw juices, smoothies, soups, panini sandwiches and veggie burgers, Asian-style main entrees. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by condekedar
greenhexi
greenhexi

Good food and good service

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

The staff could definitely handle vegan.
Service was good, even though the restaurant full on a Sunday and I only was one person.
Only the sequence of the food they got wrong, my starter arrived much later than the entree.
Food was yummy, the location amazing.
Will come back when in SF again.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

The Plant Cafe Organic

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

For me, a trip to SF is not complete without a visit to The Plant Cafe Organic - my favorite place to get a vegan burger! I go here for one thing, the Plant Burger, which is red in color and made with things such as lentils, beets, mushrooms, etc. The burger is flavorful and delicious overall. They even have vegenaise, which is used in the aioli for the burger. This is seriously my favorite place for a vegan burger and I highly recommend the Plant Burger.

karen511
karen511

Best Veggie burgers ever!

4 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2012

These guys have the most INCREDIBLY delicious & convincing veggie-burgers I've ever had! The color & texture of it make it look like a REAL rare burger, but it's completely, %100 vegan! I bet there are some carnivores who've been fooled into thinking this is real meat! I also highly recommend the healthy smoothies as well-- very, very tasty!

Kplant
Kplant

Good Stuff

4 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2012

Pleasantly Surprised! plant burger really good...and melted in my mouth. The cookies were some of the best I've had. Now one of my favorite SF places to go...next time I'm in town this will be the first place I go. Nice atmosphere and fabulous service.

Pros: Cookies
emilc
emilc

Great little neighborhood restaurant

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2011

This restaurant is a more casual version of the other Plant Cafe at the Embarcadero. Here, there is no table service (order at the counter, get a number, seat yourself), and no full-liquor selection, and the menu is a bit more limited, but there are still plenty of yummy vegan and gluten-free options, all of which are clearly marked. There is also a large selection of delicious vegan desserts, all clearly marked. The food is delicious, the staff is very friendly, and the decor is very modern. Overall, a very good experience.

Pros: Healthy food, Excellent dessert
Cons: Many meat options

procrastinasian
procrastinasian

Delicious BBQ tempeh panini

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

I went here with four non-veg friends, and all but one ordered vegetarian fare and were happy with their meals. After a bit of hemming and hawing (there are a lot of vegan options on the menu) I opted for the barbecue tempeh panini with a side salad. I was really pleased and would definitely order it again. The location is great.

I tried my friend's mango smoothie (made with coconut milk and ginger) and would have ordered one for myself if it had been a bit cheaper.

I'd call the prices moderate. I would definitely go back if I were in the area, but wouldn't make a special trip from Marin to SF just to go there.

Pros: many vegan options, friendly staff, nice location
Cons: could be cheaper
Stevie
Stevie

Plant Cafe Organic - Marina Cafe, San Francisco

3 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2010

I have just had lunch here. It is a place with contemporary decor and a very nice vibe. I asked the girl behind the counter what was suitable for a vegan veggie and she got off to a great start bhy saying, 'speaking as a vegan'. I took her recommendation of the soup (it tasted like mildly spiced pumpkin) followed by a home made burger (she telle me this place is renowned for their burgers) served with a salad that was very nicely dressed. $17.50 for the 2 before gratuity.

Big winner on many points for me; food was good, service great, nice vibe, located on Steiner St in the Marina area. I'd be happy to go back.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 18, 2010

Because of it's proximity to my hotel I went here for dinner last night. I ordered some food and asked for a glass of wine and asked which they had that are vegan. While she wasn't unpleasant about it, the waitress had no idea what I was talking about and asked me if I was for real or having a joke. When after a minute or so I convinced that I very much was real, she asked her colleague so similarly thought that all wines are vegan. After a check of the labels of the wine they had, I was told none were labelled vegan. C'est la vie.

Pros: vegan veggie friendly, Good food and service
Cons: Not 100% vego
sscoobie
sscoobie

Great Place on the water

4 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2009

This is a great place on the water and the service is good and the people are nice and the choice of food is wonderful, all there food and there wine are all local supplied and organic..

Pros: Great location, Great value, Local Farms support
condekedar
condekedar

Trendy, fresh, cool

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2008

This is a trendy, modern diner/cafe with a very vegan-friendly menu and also wine and beer. Almost all of their food is organic and fresh, with an emphasis on local ingredients, too. My tempeh green curry was a bt bland, but the ingredients were of high quality. My partner's garden burger was delicious and filling, though, with a spicy chipotle sauce. They only had one vegan dessert, a raw cheesecake, which was creamy and wonderful.

The prices are a bit on the higher side, but the food is fresh and fairly tasty, the service is friendly, the place is clean and modern, and it's in a hip, vibrant area just off of Chestnut St.

Pros: Ingredients, Service, Location
Cons: Prices, Some bland dishes, Not 100% vegetarian

Dear Owner and Manager of The Plant Cafe Organic - Marina Cafe: