The Planet Bakery and Cafe

Small bohemian like vegetarian cafe. Serves breakfast, snack, and lunch. Makes their own bread. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by dbowland
templebender
templebender

The Planet

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

I really enjoy lunch at the Planet The sandwiches are great but even better the staff are real people, they don't go into automatic but remain genuine.

DLemmer
DLemmer

Each of our group of 5 enjoyed our delicious lunch

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

Not a lot of vegan options but enough that I was able to thoroughly enjoy my vegan spinach garlic garbanzo soup and humus sandwich on gluten free bread, hold the basil mayo! Yummy and vegan ginger cookie for dessert. The others enjoyed their non vegan choices immensely!

Pros: Lovely retro environment, Friendly staff, Vegan options, fresh ingredients
Cons: A bit cool temp inside
Ken4057
Ken4057

Wholesome, slightly bland

2 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2009

My gf and I had an avocado sandwich, chilli and soup. All three came with multiple one-inch slices of thick homemade bread, so the meal was half untoasted bread. It was lovely bread, but we took most of it home in order to avoid carb comas. The entrees were so-so. They lacked flavour, though they were quite healthy. Some introduction of spices would help improve things.

No problem with ordering vegan options, which was a bonus.

The atmosphere wasn't so crash hot. Low ceilings and a cement floor made me feel like I was eating in a basement, though it wasn't in one.

Great for families, as there was a kid's corner with things to play with... Right by our table... With excitable kids making lots of noise.

Not sure if we'll go back.

dbowland
dbowland

Needs more Vegan options

4 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2008

This place is cool, but they seem to refuse to offer an option to eggs when a lot of their menu has eggs in it. If they offered an *OPTION* so people could chose - eggs or tofu scrambler, it would totally rock. Great bean chilli.

Pros: Chilli, All vegetarian
Cons: No alternative to Eggs, Cold in morning.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Planet Bakery and Cafe: