The Pink Giraffe

Serves meat, veg options available. Large restaurant. Offers a separate vegetarian menu that includes mockmeat. Nightly all-you-can-eat menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
43b St Clement's St
Oxford, England OX4 1AG
01865-202787

First Review by feorag
Gastroplodder
Gastroplodder

Tasty, tasty, very very tasty!

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

Don't know how we'd failed to visit the Pink Giraffe before what with living in Oxford and me a vegan - anyway we eventually went there yesterday.

The large veggie section of the menu is mostly vegan with the few octo-lacto veggie dishes clearly marked to avoid confusion. We shared mini spring rolls and mock pork skewers for starters both with exquisite rich sauces to dunk. I had a tofu dish and my partner something with mushrooms and cashews, again really rich and tasty and non of this 'it all looks the same' business. What with a large bowl of rice we had no room for afters and the bill was just short of £40 including our drinks which seemed very reasonable.

When we arrived just before 7pm the restaurant was nearly empty but by the time we left a bit after 8 it was pretty full even on a Thursday so booking probably advised.

We will be back!

Pros: Great food, Pleasant staff, Clean, relaxed environment
Cons: Can get busy
jewelsthemonkey
jewelsthemonkey

LOVE!

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2011

We have been in love with Pink Giraffe for nearly three years. We're vegan and there are great options on the menu. My best friend, my mom, my brother-in-law, my boss and two other friends all loved it despite not even being vegetarians (they ate the veggie options with me). Try the Tofu in Pink Giraffe Sauce. Also if you once loved Sweet and Sour Chicken as I did in my non-veggie days, try the mock version! It is great--as is the wine & garlic mock chicken.

Overall, you really can't go wrong with Pink Giraffe. The staff is friendly and there are always great deals on their website--so check before you go as you need to print off the vouchers.

Enjoy!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Deals on takeaway
Cons: Certain items are pricey
skymonkey
skymonkey

delicious mock meat

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2008

went to the pink giraffe and ordered take out. they have a large vegetarian section. it opens at 6pm, and i was the first customer that night. the service was courteous. it took them no time to make my order. the food was still hot when i got back to my dorm room. the pink giraffe style veggie chicken was very delicious. if you like good mock meats, this is the place to be. i would go back if i ever visit oxford again.

feorag
feorag

Convert the meat eaters!

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2007

My visit to this restaurant was with a party of meat-eaters, who saw the vegetarian banquet and agreed to have that for my sake. They were all satisfied, and those who were unfamiliar with vegetarian cuisine left with a much more open attitude.

The vegetarian menu consists of classic Chinese Buddhist cuisine, with fake meats, well prepared and promptly served.

Pros: good value set meals, meat-eaters like the veggie food
Cons: out-of-town, crowded
Guest
Guest

The Pink Giraffe Veggie

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2007

I went to the Pink Giraffe with my girlfriend, and we had a great time, as the food was the best chinese food both of us have had, and the service was quick and friendly! I, myself being a vegetarian was not compromised to have just one choice of dish that was too large for me to finish as my girlfriend is a meat eater, as the Chinese restaurant had plenty for me to pick from. Although not a vegan, I noticed they clearly marked the choices available, so I will be telling my vegan mates of this feature! Impressed to know they have delivery services too, but you have to be within their 4 mile radius or a hefty fee applies.

Pros: delivery, service, staff
Cons: none, none, none

Dear Owner and Manager of The Pink Giraffe: