Serves meat, veg options available. Takeaway snack bar making a large range of pies including several that are vegan suitable and marked. Also an outlet at Great Junction Street - see webpage. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, Scottish, English, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
38 South Bridge

jennyc32
jennyc32

Good fast pastries

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2015

This is a convenient place to grab a tasty pie, sweet or savoury. It's nice that they clearly label the vegan options. There were two savoury and three sweet ones. My Moroccan veg pie was actually more or a pastry, but it really hit the spot.

Pros: Vegan options marked
I_love_pears
I_love_pears

Disappointing!

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

I was excited to try this place and I was disappointed. I tried the Thai curry pie and a sweet apple and raspberry pie. A sign near the pies said they were all hot (even the ones on the racks) but the ones I was given were both cold. The Thai curry filling was nice but tasted strange cold, and the apple raspberry just tasted like jam in supermarket puff pastry. With so many amazing vegan options in Edinburgh I'd give this one a miss.

Cons: Cold, tasteless pies
Stevie
Stevie

The Piemaker, Edinburgh

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

It's over a year since I've been. There is no doubt in my mind though that there people do some top, top vegan pies to take away. They're open into the evening so it's handy if you are out and about for a drink or 2.

A real shame that it's not all vego.

Pros: Excellent vegan pies
Cons: Not 100% vego

craigmc
craigmc

Fast food

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

If you are in this part of Edinburgh is a decent cheap option.

They seem to aim at pies made with fillings from mexico, india and italy and if you are on the go sightseeing, they are food value and eaten either hot or cold. there are always vegan/veggie options available so you need not starve.

Pros: good value
Cons: meat, limited
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Yummy Pies

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

Only managed to go on one occasion, during my time in Edinburgh but I purchased a couple of their vegan pies (one of all their vegan options they had available) and found them to be good and warming on a cool morning. I saved a couple for later during the day but found them to be much better when I first bought them as they are a bit oily and didn't sit too well in the bag. Overall it was a simple but nice place to get some quick vegan food in a very close location off the Royal Mile. The pies are diverse in offering and it is impossible for you not to find something that sounds interesting and with multiple vegetarian and vegan options it is unlikely that you will leave disappointed.

Pros: tasty vegan fare
Cons: mostly for take-out, most foods served include meat
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Amazing selection of vegan pies

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

I really like going to The Piemaker when I need a quick snack on the go because of their delicious vegan pies, of which they have a great range of different flavours. I really like the fact that they go out of their way to clearly label which of their pies are suitable for vegans (and I believe they have some vegan sweet snacks too), and also the fact that it is very good value for tasty pie.

Pros: Great value for tasty pies, Fantastic vegan selection, Clear labelling of vegan options
Cons: Not 100% veg

Dear Owner and Manager of The Piemaker: