Serves meat, veg options available. Takeaway snack bar making a large range of pies including several that are vegan suitable and marked. Also an outlet at Great Junction Street - see webpage. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, Scottish, English, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
38 South Bridge

thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Yummy Pies

3 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

Only managed to go on one occasion, during my time in Edinburgh but I purchased a couple of their vegan pies (one of all their vegan options they had available) and found them to be good and warming on a cool morning. I saved a couple for later during the day but found them to be much better when I first bought them as they are a bit oily and didn't sit too well in the bag. Overall it was a simple but nice place to get some quick vegan food in a very close location off the Royal Mile. The pies are diverse in offering and it is impossible for you not to find something that sounds interesting and with multiple vegetarian and vegan options it is unlikely that you will leave disappointed.

Pros: tasty vegan fare
Cons: mostly for take-out, most foods served include meat
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Amazing selection of vegan pies

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

I really like going to The Piemaker when I need a quick snack on the go because of their delicious vegan pies, of which they have a great range of different flavours. I really like the fact that they go out of their way to clearly label which of their pies are suitable for vegans (and I believe they have some vegan sweet snacks too), and also the fact that it is very good value for tasty pie.

Pros: Great value for tasty pies, Fantastic vegan selection, Clear labelling of vegan options
Cons: Not 100% veg

Dear Owner and Manager of The Piemaker: