CLOSED: The Peasant's Feast

Serves meat, veg options available. Organic dinner restaurant with a veg menu in addition to regular non-veg menu. Food is low in salt & sugar and specializes in allergy-free foods. The Peasants Feast started life as a restaurant devoted to country style food (provincial European and modern Australian), its tapestry and farm decorations emphasizing its rustic home away from home atmosphere. OCT 2013 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, Organic, European, Take-out, Non-veg

dwanger
dwanger

European Scrumptious Organic Food

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2011

We stumbled across this looking for another veg restaurant. The core value of the restaurant is healthy eating, they claim to be the best/only?? organic restaurant in Sydney. My husband is not vegetarian. There were plenty of options for him, but the veg menu was so inviting, he chose a veg dish. I had the Pumpkin crepes, there were 2 huge ones. The raw salad was so fresh. My husband got was in essence a vegetable plate, but it was like none I've ever had. Yummy. We got the one for 1 person, but frankly with my plate and the salad it was all too much. Suggest veg plate for one and a salad share. I know the food is good when my husband on his own says, "I'd come back here". The was also so pleasant to have classical and opera music playing in the background. Much more amenable to enjoying a meal. BYOB with corkage fee, liquor store across the street. The vegetarian entrees were about $15-22 AUD which quite frankly is not what I would consider "expensive" in this town. In any case, well worth the money. You will not be disappointed. Newtown train stop and walk or take bus @ 250M. Near Green Gourmet.

Pros: Excellent food taste and quality, Good value , Friendly helpful staff
Cons: byob???

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Peasant's Feast: