The Peace Tree Juice Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. The Peace Tree Cafe offers fresh, local and organic foods, including smoothies and fresh vegetable and fruit juices. Staff knowledgeable about vegan options, of which there are several. Tofu is a substitute for meat dishes. Soy, almond, hemp and coconut milks are available. Gluten-free bread is offered. Vegans, try the red quinoa stuffed portobello mushroom with seasonal vegetables and ask for no goat cheese. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

Mitchycakes
Mitchycakes

Don't bother

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2014

Not much choice of vegan except a few salads and the veggie burger which we had...imagine some cooked quinoa pressed into a round mold to make it burger shaped, then put into a burger bun, served with a tiny bit of salad ! It was really dry so i asked if they possibly had some nice sauce or salsa. The waitress looked at me like I was mad and then begrudgingly brought over some ketchup and steak sauce. Awful...only ate it cos it was late and I was hungry

Pros: The juices look nice
Cons: Poor choice, Food was bland, Staff unfriendly and unhelpful
NesBear
NesBear

terrible service

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

We gave this cafe 3 chances during our 2 week stay but each time the waiting staff were rude. In addition, I found a piece of bacon on my vegan plate of food :(

saminator
saminator

Bad experience

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2014

We visited moab and read the reviews of this restaurant and generally they seemed positive. Unfortunately we were paired with a server who found the very notion of vegan options a frustrating and tedious request. After asking about a few options he finally just asked in annoyance what kind of salad I wanted. Needless to say we didn't stay. Ekleticafe was far more enjoyable. Peace tree juice cafe might me nice if you get the right waiter.

Pros: Juices seemed good
Cons: Rude staff, Long wait to take order, No knowledge of menu ingredients.

Lizk
Lizk

What a relief to have multiple options!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

After spending several days in Northern New Mexico where the only veggie option is a quesadilla, it was heavenly to have some choices! We actually went back two nights in a row--the first I had the quinoa with portobello, which was good except that the mushrooms were a bit tough. Maybe they were previously dried? The second night I had their house made veggie burger. Very tasty!

Rosslyn_DC
Rosslyn_DC

Be careful of mistakes

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

I ordered the smothered burrito with tofu instead of eggs, with no cheese. It didn't come with cheese, but there were eggs inside the burrito. A burrito is covered, and you can't immediately see it. It was only when I ate the burrito that I noticed.

The people are nice, and the juices are good. But now I'm wondering whether the pinto beans or wrap was even vegan. I would enter here are your own risk. Try Eklecticah or Love Muffins. Good places but they both close at 2:30. Both are vegan friendlier

Pros: Great juices and smoothies, Good food, Vegan-aware
Cons: Screw up vegan orders., Still charge you for the mistakes, untrained staff doesn't understand vegan
krichards
krichards

nice oassis

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2013

Great "big green sandwich" and verde chili (ask to hold the cheese).

Gilead19
Gilead19

Thai dishes and smoothie!

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

We visited this restaurant while on vacation. They have an acceptable number of vegan items. We had the Thai salad w/ tofu and Thai burrito. Both were excellent and I would highly recommend them. I absolutely loved the salad. They offer excellent smoothies as well.

Pros: Smoothies, Healthy, Variety
smilingnurtritarian
smilingnurtritarian

Nice Place

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

It was nice to have vegan and non-vegan options on the menu. Love finding healthy nice places to eat while traveling.

Pros: good value, good service
alllifeissacred
alllifeissacred

Liked the theme

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

Some of the food I liked a lot like the smoothies and artichoke dip appetizer. I thought the red quinoa portabella appetizer to be so so and the veggie burger to be good but not great.

Our waitress was a bit absent but not terrible. She threw our bottled waters away by mistake as we had left the table but were still in the restaurant. She could have been more aware but no one is perfect.

Want I loved to most was the theme of local healthy food made with love. I also loved their shirts which the manager was willing to special order a specific one for me. I definitely recommend trying this place though there are several good vegetarian options in town.

Pros: Theme , Atmosphere , Good vegetarian food
Cons: At times so so service but often right on

Dear Owner and Manager of The Peace Tree Juice Cafe: