A modern and more upscale restaurant that uses traditional French methods. Menu changes daily. The restaurant grows some of its own vegetables; other produce is sourced locally and is organic. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, International, Western, Beer/Wine

Krishna Mulder
Krishna Mulder

A Contradiction

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2015

High Price attempt at "High End Veggie" food.

First the location is off for a "High End" restaurant. You do need to book in advance to safely secure a seat, but I'm not 100% sure why.

The food was mediocre. Long waits for food, ultra small portions, so eat for the experience, but not to satisfy an appetite.

The kitchen is open, so you can see the cook eat 5 "Kettle" Brand potato chips, while he carefully balances 2 of the same chips on a plate for you and calls it an appetizer. You can then watch him balance a chive, literally using tweezers to place it where he wants...... all while you starve waiting from one dish to the next.

You'd think with all that attention to plating, each customer would get their own serving..."No" It is served family style! My wife and I ordered two chef's specials and a drink each at a price of over $100. We shared five plates of food that size wise would be about the same as one dish at Foundation or most any other restaurant in the city.

This place is a one time experience, but not a repeat location for me.

Some people will like the experience. And spending $$$$$ for a smudge of sauce with a single veggie precariously balanced in the centre. But for me it was a waste of money.

The best thing about this restaurant is a card that I received at the end which indicated that a portion of the price I spent on my meal was going to feed the poor in the neighborhood and that I could plant the card and flowers would grow.

Pros: Charitable acts by the owners
Cons: Cook eating while he cooks in front of you...Unsan, Rude serving staff. Unwilling to plate each custom, Food was not good. If they spent half as much time
NeilGaudet
NeilGaudet

amazing

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2014

Just absolutely one of the best meals I've had. Have the tasting menu, chefs choice. It can be all vegan you ask. Outstanding.

kenvegan
kenvegan

Tasty, Small Portions and Expensive

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

The Parker was recommended to us as one of the top veg restaurants in Vancouver. The restaurant is quite small, but comfortable. We arrived very early, and the restaurant was empty.

The dishes are expensive, but quite small. I was with a group of 3, and we ordered 4 dishes: Heart of palm
Quinoa, Home-made alkaline noodles,
confit potato. The vegan options are clearly marked.

For the prices and for the small portion sizes, I expected perfection, but this was not the case. The dishes were tasty, but not mindblowing. The presentation was lovely. The heart of palm was my least favorite dish. The others were well-balanced.

I could easily have devoured all 4 dishes myself which would have cost me in the range of 70 dollars for just the equivalent of one or large-size entree at a less expensive restaurant. If I were to come back to this restaurant, I would recommend ordering the 5 course meal for 32 dollars.

As each dish is a work of art, each dish takes some time to prepare, so give yourself plenty of time if you decide to eat here.

Pros: Outstanding food presentation
Cons: Expensive, Small potions

shirley1
shirley1

YUM-O

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

What a sheer delight. The restaurant is small and filled up quickly so I suggest that you make a reservation.
The menu is unusual and very very tasty.
The waitress was charming and knowledgeable and suggested that we get 3-4 dishes and share them.
Being vegan and gluten free was not a problem as the menu is clearly marked . To describe the food would not give it the justice it deserves !!
The restaurant is totally sustainable and green and just won a prize .
The menu is seasonal and changes .
We will definitely go back.

Pros: very innovative , very tasty, good portions
CKay
CKay

Go here

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

The Parker was great. They let us get in without a reservation right before they got super busy, which was really nice. Our waiter a little grumpy, but still super helpful. The food was delicious. It had a really yuppy-ish vibe when we were there, but I can't hold it against them. The space is beautiful. Portions aren't huge but they are filling, and the dishes are delivered as they are ready. Tons of vegan options, a good amount of gluten-free options. The dishes were really interesting. I had to turn down desert only because I wanted to savor the taste of dinner for as long as possible. The food looks and tastes amazing. If you're vegan and you haven't eaten here, I think you are missing out...

Pros: Excellent Food, Knowledgable Staff
vegan frog
vegan frog

Mostly vegan

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

Small menu, true but about 3/4 of it is vegan so it doesn't matter...
The restaurant is small, and the kitchen is tiny, hidden behind the bar. Congrats to the chef for magic magic in such a weird place.
The food was amazing. The flavours were unexpected and very different from the other veggie places in Vancouver. We loved it and will go back soon.
Don't get too attached to the menu though as it changes according to what's in season and according to the chef's preferences. They are calling it a sustainable restaurant.
The portions are not huge but make up for it with the flavours. I urge you to try the Parker and taste for yourself.

Pros: Many vegan options, Amazing flavours, Great service
Cons: Small restaurant, Small-ish portions
chazyvr
chazyvr

Good food. Small portions.

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

Great to see a more upscale vegetarian place in Vancouver. The place is small and you can see the chef cook behind the bar. As a vegan, I only had one option: tofu scramble. It was tasty for sure. I'd never seen tofu scramble prepared like that before with soba noodles and shiitake(?) mushrooms. Portion is smaller than what I'm used to at other brunch places. I think if they increased portion sizes a bit they'll do quite well.

Pros: Interesting menu, friendly staff
Cons: Portion size, limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of The Parker: