The Pantry Vegetarian Tea Room

Vegetarian cafe at the Glebe Community Centre. Serving daily soups (one or two), sandwiches, daily specials, salads, and baked goods. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Western, Canadian
175 Third Ave (Glebe Community Centre)
Ottawa, Ontario

Richard Hanna
Richard Hanna

A Gem in the Heart of the Glebe

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

The Pantry is one of Ottawa's most delightful vegetarian cafes . The food is delicious my personal faves are the French onion soup and the blueberry muffins which are addictive! the service is excellent and the ambience is cosy and friendly a bit like having tea at your favorite English Aunt's. I have been going there for years now and every visit is a treat.

Pros: Delicious food, Cosy ambience, Great service
Cons: Wish it were open in the evenings.
Lola Crumpet
Lola Crumpet

4 visits 3 hairy experiences

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2012

Used to go every other week, then in my last 4 visits got hair in my food 3 times. Last time I called Carolyne and she just ignored me. Was there with 3 other business women who are in hospitality industry. I was embarrased and left hungry as hair issue was not even acknowledged let alone rectified. (Sad but true.) PS Hair isn't vegetarian.

Cons: Not clean, Pitiful service
Connie in Ottawa
Connie in Ottawa

A little gem

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2010

I have eaten here many times through the years. I love it! A warm, and cosy tearoom with delicious sandwiches, salads and desserts. They're very careful with their ingredients. Charming!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good prices
Cons: only open from 11-3

katiebird
katiebird

Cosy and nice

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2008

The pantry has delicious food, and is tucked away in this little room with an assortment of antique furniture. It's such a nice relaxing little getaway. Also a great place to take my mom :)

Pros: Cosy, Relaxing
Cons: Small menu
Guest
Guest

A very nice little restaurant

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2007

Re the above. I have eaten in the Pantry on many occasions too and know it has a very good reputation. The food I've had has always been excellent and I have never had problems with hair in my food or anything else! David

Dear Owner and Manager of The Pantry Vegetarian Tea Room: