The Organic Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. A family owned organic cafe. The menu consists of salads, wraps, sandwiches, soups, and smoothies. Offers a vegan burger pattie, vegan cheese, fruit smoothies and vegenaise. Current location since fall 2012; previously at 2031 W Ave K. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Non-veg
1973 West Ave L
Lancaster, California 93534
661-948-9575
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by cannonchick
susielol
susielol

Limited vegan options. Vegan Bars are AMAZING!

3 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

We ordered the Veggie Panini. The only thing on the menu that specifically states it can be made vegan *vegan style with vegan cheese and Vegenaise. It also consists of avocado, roasted bell pepper, and red onions. It was good. Not great, but it wasn't bad. It was a little oily with a vegetable-tasting (as opposed to processed-tasting) patty. It came with a choice of three sides: Raw veggie sticks, quinoa salad, or garden salad. We chose the quinoa salad which was very "natural-tasting". It had very little seasoning on it without any dressing or sauce. Our friendly waitress included a little container of roasted cashews with our meal to satisfy since something or rather wasn't vegan? Anyway, we also ordered one of the apple juice based fruit blended drinks. It was a tad bit watered-down tasting but thick and satisfying. We also grabbed a generous-sized container of vegan bars? from their deli case on our way out. They taste amazing! We were told that they are very popular with vegans and non-vegans alike and how lucky we were lucky to nab the last one. They don't always make them but when they do, they sell out fast. I had low expectations from the looks of them but they taste incredible. They have brown sugar and oats with a raspberry filling. A coffee cake like flavor. I would go back if only for those!

Pros: At least one vegan option, Yummy dessert, Friendly service
Cons: Limited vegan options, Vegan option is just "pretty good", Vegan dessert bars not always available
Bonifide
Bonifide

Not really vegan friendly

1 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

I don't know if this place has changed recently, but the menu one has a few vegetarian options.

They are supposedly famous for their vegan cookie, but they were out of it both times I was there, one on a weekday, once on a Saturday. The first time they brought almond as a substitute. The second time the server brought a chocolate chip cookie and didn't even tell me it wasn't vegan! I asked and find out. (I had offered the vegan panini.) I heard the same thing happen at another table! I quietly told her that this was very bad business and she apologised.

The sandwich the first time was good...fresh veggies with vegan cheese and veganaise. The second time it included what looked like a home made patty...okay, but not on the menu. And no veganaise.

My husband had a beef sandwich that he didn't even bother to finish. He descibed the bread as that didn't stuff we stopped buying twenty years ago. Wonder bread with good dye?

Won't go back again.

The

Pros: one vegan sandwich
Cons: low quality bread, show service, not many veg choices
cannonchick
cannonchick

Yummy and fresh!

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

There are lots of veggie options here, wraps and salads are delish, especially the crazin' spinach salad. Also, cookies and cheese biscuits are to die for!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Organic Cafe: