Serves meat, veg options available. Located in downtown Missoula, this place offers a hummus wrap, a grilled portabello mushroom sandwich, among few other veg choices. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

CKay
CKay

yuck.

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

tried this spot a couple times, really didn't like it. Greasy, tasteless veggie burger that can be made vegan and burnt greasy fries. [edit by staff]

Cons: greasy, bland
NewDawnMontana
NewDawnMontana

Vegan approved

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2011

Good tasting, vegan options available.
Missoula being a "progressive university town", is not very progressive with 100% plant-based eat out options.
The Old Post- keep up the good work and be the vegan-friendly place. More of us are spending money than ever before.

TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Huge portions, tasty food

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2010

Seeing as, at the time, Happy Cow lacked much variety in terms of vegetarian, or even veggie-friendly restaurants in Missoula, MT we decided to expand our horizons and try a good looking resto-bar with many vegetarian options. We were not disappointed.

As the title indicates, the portion sizes are enormous - you would think you are in Texas, or something. Our group of three ordered the hummus, goat cheese & salsa appetizer and each dip was good along with the variety of pita slices, corn tortilla chips and crispy french bread (lightly garlicized, I believe). In truth, the goat cheese was the most delicious.

Among entrées, my spinach filo pie was delectable. It came with a generous serving of hummus which made me realize the appetizer was unnecessary; well, somewhat unnecessary. This plate was actually manageable and had it not been for the huge appetizer, I would have been able to finish it without stuffing myself to the seams. Another from our party ordered the grilled portabella mushroom sandwich, which, he greatly enjoyed. I took a bite and can attest to the fact that it is among the best mushroom-based burgers I have ever had - and I am no stranger to protabello burgers. Finally, our third ordered the veggie-bomb burrito. He is not a vegetarian, but, respectfully, tried to avoid meat while traveling with us. He was overjoyed with what he found in front of him. We were much too full to even consider desert.

In hindsight, this is a very good veggie-friendly restaurant. I was happy to see that they offer vegetarian offshoots of several of their meat-based menu staples. The portion sizes are gigantic, almost unhealthily so. But it is the responsibility of the customer to eat as they please. The service was adequate, at least. We enjoyed the ambiance from the laid back clientele as we ate on the open air back deck.

It should also be mentioned that their menu offers a good variety of vegetarian friendly options. Having contacted the restaurant after eating there, they assured me that they would be more than happy to adapt their menu items in order to accommodate the needs of vegan customers. I have a lot of respect for that.

Enjoy the Old Post - bring tupperware for the leftovers.

Pros: Good veggie friendly option in Missoula, Great food, In a nice part of town
Cons: Portions are, dare I say, too big

Dear Owner and Manager of The Old Post Pub: