Serves meat, veg options available. Menu features many lacto-vegetarian options and they have a separate vegan menu now. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by pheonix
Spats
Spats

Good...kind of

3 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

In town visiting from the west coast and was so happy to find this place on happy cow- a vegan menu- heaven!
The service was great but my veggie burger and salad left me wishing for more. The salad was literally lettuce and tomatoes- only. And the burger came dry- no vegan mayo no nothing. With some ketchup, mustard and relish it was 'ok'....definitely not memorable. You'd think having a vegan menu, which brought me here in the first place, they'd make it a little more exciting. Opp- and no vegan dessert. I commend them for accommodating us vegans but accommodating is a lot different from actually taking the time to learn about vegan cooking. That said, the service was great and the environment good. I'd come back for a drink any day!

begoodjen
begoodjen

Great option for vegans and their omni friends!

4 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

The Office has a separate vegan menu (and a separate gluten free menu) which features regular menu items modified to be vegan. Everything I have tried is delicious, the service is wonderful, the wine is tasty and it has a great atmosphere.

veganstastebetter
veganstastebetter

It's ok

3 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

I had a decent time here. It was packed, since Im sure the food is good. I enjoyed my samosas and a nice quinoa salad. My girlfriend and I had a nice meal here. However, the service was terrible. We were never checked on, our water or other drinks were never refilled and we were never asked. My girlfriend wanted dessert but again, not offered. We decided to leave and get dessert at another restaurant.

It was also very dark and noisy, until the place emptied out a bit.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere
Cons: terrible service, limited selection
lamonte_22
lamonte_22

Nice Atmosphere, Great Staff, So-So Veg. Food

2 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2008

The Office is an awesome place to hang out with friends, drink wine, listen to music, etc, but the vegetarian food is uninspired compared to the rest of the menu. The two options for main courses that it offers are a standard-issue veggie burger and a green veggie curry on white rice that is typically bland and overcooked. There are a couple of vegetarian appetizers, but they are pretty mediocre too. The best item is probably the farmer's salad, although this isn't really a meal. I'd definitely go to the Office more often if they improved this aspect of their menu.

pheonix
pheonix

Dairy overload

2 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2007

A friend on a local vegan network suggested this place. I took my meat eating but health conscious date here.

Anyway...

It looks really swanky and posh from the outside and that's nice. It's in a romantic little area of town so that added something nice. The inside is simple decor but elegant.

They have a really nice wine menu and the staff is actually well versed in wine selection. That's always a plus for me.

The menu was BAD for a vegan. While most of the food is veg, they had almost nothing vegan. This pissed me off. I actually called them in advance to ask about vegan options and they said they had plenty.

This proved to be embarassing for me. I try not to talk about my veganism too much because it can sometimes get in the way. So, the lack of vegan options ruined the first half of my date.

Anyway, we got over that. My date had some lovely veggie options. Salad and quesadilla. The Office did well with making these simple items over the top tasty, so my date says.

I settled on samosas and a plater of fries, pretty much the only two vegan things on the menu. I tried to have other things made vegan and while they tried to accomodate me, they weren't able to.

The other BIG downer was that they don't have a seperate party room so their was a bachelorette party happening at the table right next to us. This killed our intimacy.

I'm sure this is a great place of veg people and people who like steak but vegans beware!

Pros: great staff, vine menu, elegant and cheap food
Cons: NO VEGAN OPTIONS, noisy, cold inside the restauran

Dear Owner and Manager of The Office: