Organic foods, gluten free and vegan products, supplements, essential oils, and more. more-less

First Review by gr8vegan
MaryroseHewitt
MaryroseHewitt
  • fruititarian

Not the place it used to be!

2 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

I used to always be able to count on The Nutmeg as my local organic vegan friendly shop however even Holland & Barrett have started to look healthier. I struggle to find more than one can of their organic coconut water which in my eyes is bad. I know they are a small store but I would have expected this store rather than Holland & Barrett to have it first! I can't even find Organic dried mangoes which is disappointing however they do the amazing Cliff Bars which gives them a point but have they just become the local vegan junk food retailer? It's better than being non-vegan but it's not optimal health.

The staff are friendly and always ready to help you when you ask and the store itself is perfectly located right smack bang in the city center which makes it very accessible

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good prices
Cons: Options have limited in recent times
Julia*
Julia*

I love it

5 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

I go to Nutmeg every week, if you look long enough, you can find pretty much anything in there, some things are a bit hidden. They have a fridge and freezer which is quite handy as well. I love their vegan pestos, their self-made vegan sausage rolls, the coconut milk yoghurt and the vegan cream cheese.

Pros: big range, very nice and helpful staff
Cons: some things are hard to find
msullivan
msullivan

Great shop

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2013

Great little shop right in the centre of belfast! Everything you would need for a vegan and vegetarian diet

Pros: Very friendly and helpful staff.

Cleo_Josie
Cleo_Josie

The Nutmeg

4 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2009

This is a good wee shop and has looked after me for many years when vege food and snacks were limited. They are a friendly knowedgeable lot. They stock natural remedies, foods, teas, sweeties, and so on. I tend to get their "sausage" rolls, pakora and flapjacks.

Pros: choice , knowledge
Cons: small
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Great things in a small place!

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2009

This is about the only vegan friendly place within walking distance from the town center. Its a small health food shop, but there is a tiny deli counter as you walk in on your right and its filled with vegan pastys, burritos, vegan sausage rolls, cakes, etc. For the size of the space they really pack a bunch of good stuff in there!

Pros: vegan pastry items
Cons: small