The Nosebag Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Half of the menu items are vegetarian dishes. They have at least one hot vegan option every meal, every day, along with salads. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, English, Non-veg

First Review by Karole
Amy1274
Amy1274

Welcoming

3 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2012

A relaxed informal atmosphere, and nice and quiet upstairs, the staff are friendly and the food is good quality and good value for money. Meat is served but there is always at least one vegan item. The jacket spuds are particularly good - hot and nice and crispy!

Pros: price, location, atmosphere
Cons: serves meat
lh1986
lh1986

• non-vegetarian

Great for all diets.

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

The Nosebag is where I go whenever I am in Oxford, I have always been very well fed there as a vegetarian and so has my vegan mother and meat eating friends. It is informal and relaxed, the portions are good and the prices very reasonable. You can get very tasty vegan puddings and there are always a selection of salads to choose from.

Pros: Inexpensive , tasty food, good vegan options
Cons: Gets busy
Karole
Karole

Hearty food and portion sizes

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

I've been to the Nosebag a few times, and have always have a good meal. They generally label clearly what is vegetarian and vegan. I have always been able to get a vegan meal there. They have quite nice salads you can get with your main, and the desserts always look good too. The vegan pear crumble is AMAZING and sometimes I want to go there just for that.

The seating area is not very large, so it can get quite crowded around lunchtime. Service is cafeteria-style, with the menu on a chalkboard above the counter with the desserts and salads. You may be sharing your table with strangers but I've never found this to be a bad experience. When I've been there at dinner it's significantly quieter, which I prefer. All in all a good place to go for omnis and veg*ns.

Pros: Good food, LOTS of food, Veg*n options labeled
Cons: Crowded at lunch, Ordering system can be confusing

Dear Owner and Manager of The Nosebag Restaurant: