While they don't have a lot of vegan options on the menu, what they do have is pretty fantastic. The vegan breakfast burrito is amazing and the french toast is very tasty. Staff was friendly, food came out pretty fast, and the prices are very decent. It's deli style where you order at the counter and clean up your own table. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Been there a few times. Most of the options are available. The place is well designed and decorated.
Had delicious tofu scramble this morning and a very well made latte. Look forward to coming back
The National Cafe is reminiscent of a grungy/hipster type of cafe, so if you're looking for a fancy meal you should go elsewhere. As you can tell by my rating, I didn't care for The National Cafe. As we stepped in, there was a line at the register and the employee working the counter didn't acknowledge anyone, as she was preparing a meal - mind you, there were only two employees working but I think acknowledgement is key in keeping customers happy while waiting; just expect to wait a long time to actually get food. The second downer was the fact that they didn't have the vegan french toast; the french toast was the whole point in our trip to the National Cafe. Overall, there are many options for vegetarians; however, the options aren't as plentiful for vegans. Having said that, I likely won't return to the national, but maybe that would be another story if I was just vegetarian.
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Milwaukee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has The National Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 1188 times since Jan 2013.