The National Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. A sustainable-model coffee and art cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and Milwaukee brunch. Has vegan French toast and tofu scrambles. Uses local and organic ingredients as much as possible and compostable to-go containers. Has its own backyard garden for growing veggies and composting. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Bakery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan
alexk2112
alexk2112

Great Place

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

Been there a few times. Most of the options are available. The place is well designed and decorated.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

The National Cafe

2 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2011

The National Cafe is reminiscent of a grungy/hipster type of cafe, so if you're looking for a fancy meal you should go elsewhere. As you can tell by my rating, I didn't care for The National Cafe. As we stepped in, there was a line at the register and the employee working the counter didn't acknowledge anyone, as she was preparing a meal - mind you, there were only two employees working but I think acknowledgement is key in keeping customers happy while waiting; just expect to wait a long time to actually get food. The second downer was the fact that they didn't have the vegan french toast; the french toast was the whole point in our trip to the National Cafe. Overall, there are many options for vegetarians; however, the options aren't as plentiful for vegans. Having said that, I likely won't return to the national, but maybe that would be another story if I was just vegetarian.

Dear Owner and Manager of The National Cafe: