Serves meat, veg options available. Offers several veggie dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg

First Review by mariaiswaycool

There are better places in Mount Pleasant / Charle

3 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

My husband and I dined at the Mustard Seed this evening midway through our beach trip at Isle of Palms. We've been dining at restaurants at Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, Mount Pleasant and downtown Charleston. So far we've had some pretty amazing meals! I was pretty disappointed in the Mustard Seed. The vegetarian items on the menu are limited and there are few if any vegan items. I had sweet potato ravioli and I was expecting a sauce but it was served swimming in a watery, white cheesey/creamy soup. It wasn't bad tasting, but it wasn't memorable either. My meat-eating dining companion ordered some type of seafood risotto. He said it was plain and uninspired. He ate a quarter of the bowl and brought home the rest in a box for our dog. She loved it!

• amf amf

I forgot to mention that I had the worst key lime pie of my life at this restaurant. It was way to "egg-y" and greasy. Yuck.

Meh

3 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

The service was wonderful, but the food was not very good. It seemed as though the non-vegan/vegetarian options were good, but my dish was very dry. Maybe they have better options on a different day.

Pros: Wonderful Service
Cons: Bad Dish

Dear Owner and Manager of The Mustard Seed: