My husband and I dined at the Mustard Seed this evening midway through our beach trip at Isle of Palms. We've been dining at restaurants at Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, Mount Pleasant and downtown Charleston. So far we've had some pretty amazing meals! I was pretty disappointed in the Mustard Seed. The vegetarian items on the menu are limited and there are few if any vegan items. I had sweet potato ravioli and I was expecting a sauce but it was served swimming in a watery, white cheesey/creamy soup. It wasn't bad tasting, but it wasn't memorable either. My meat-eating dining companion ordered some type of seafood risotto. He said it was plain and uninspired. He ate a quarter of the bowl and brought home the rest in a box for our dog. She loved it!
The service was wonderful, but the food was not very good. It seemed as though the non-vegan/vegetarian options were good, but my dish was very dry. Maybe they have better options on a different day.Pros: Wonderful Service
Cons: Bad Dish
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Mount Pleasant Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has The Mustard Seed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 572 times since Jan 2013.