Serves meat, veg options available. Offers several veggie dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg

Mon-Sat 11:00am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-9:30pm

First Review by mariaiswaycool
toocuteforbacon
toocuteforbacon

If I wind up back in the area, find me here!

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

I was out of town away from my family (except for my Mom) and her friend we were meeting up, suggested the Mustard Seed for dinner knowing I was vegan.
First off I want to start by saying this is one of the best atmospheres I have ever seen in a restaurant! I felt comfortable as soon as I walked in.
They write all of the specials on a chalkboard for EACH table, which takes about an hour each day, and I appreciate it so much. I have horrible eye sight, and the board was so convenient.
For an appetizer I got the hummus, asking for extra tomato instead of the olives. I got a very generous serving of hummus, along with plenty of tomato, broccoli, and warm pita bread (of course I asked beforehand - it's vegan)! This tasted amazing, and my Mom, who swears off most healthy food, even loved it!
It was hard picking an entree only because there were so many options! There isn't a specific place for vegan dishes, but there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan dishes. The waitress, who was absolutely lovely, even told me they could whip up something special if nothing caught my eye.
But something did. The black bean cakes sounded divine, and they came with green tomato salsa, one of my food weaknesses.
I ordered them with out the cilantro sour cream. They didn't need it anyways! The texture was amazing and I devoured these three low-fat patties.
Sadly, they do not have a vegan dessert. My Mom was a little upset, since it was my birthday and she wanted to have the traditional birthday candle. The waitress said she would be right back.
A few minutes later she came out, singing happy birthday while carrying a plate beautifully designed with oranges, apple slices, strawberries, and a big bunch of grapes. One of the grapes was sliced in half, waiting for the candle to be placed inside.
I never have fruit after a cooked meal (food combining) but after a fourty five minute discussion about some business we were in the area for it didn't cause any negative effects.
It was so nice and thoughtful of that lovely waitress to make me that plate of gorgeous fruit. That night I found out I liked oranges! She was so hopeful in helping everyone choose their meals, not just me, and was able to make conversation with us. Of course I told the manager how great of a job she did, and I hope she has gotten a raise in the two months its been - she deserves it!

Pros: GREAT FOOD, AMAZING!, WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE, BEST SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD!
Cons: None at all!
amf
amf

There are better places in Mount Pleasant / Charle

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

My husband and I dined at the Mustard Seed this evening midway through our beach trip at Isle of Palms. We've been dining at restaurants at Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, Mount Pleasant and downtown Charleston. So far we've had some pretty amazing meals! I was pretty disappointed in the Mustard Seed. The vegetarian items on the menu are limited and there are few if any vegan items. I had sweet potato ravioli and I was expecting a sauce but it was served swimming in a watery, white cheesey/creamy soup. It wasn't bad tasting, but it wasn't memorable either. My meat-eating dining companion ordered some type of seafood risotto. He said it was plain and uninspired. He ate a quarter of the bowl and brought home the rest in a box for our dog. She loved it!

• amf amf

I forgot to mention that I had the worst key lime pie of my life at this restaurant. It was way to "egg-y" and greasy. Yuck.

mariaiswaycool
mariaiswaycool

Meh

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

The service was wonderful, but the food was not very good. It seemed as though the non-vegan/vegetarian options were good, but my dish was very dry. Maybe they have better options on a different day.

Pros: Wonderful Service
Cons: Bad Dish

Dear Owner and Manager of The Mustard Seed: