The Magic Cafe is one of the few completely vegetarian eating places in Oxford. Painted bright red it stands like a beacon amidst the dilapidated buildings of Madgalen Road and does indeed bring some sort of magic to East Oxford. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, International

First Review by tinkerbell
Zeki Min
Zeki Min

Great Food, Good Music, Very Nice Service!

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2014

We really had a wonderful time at the Magic Cafe. It has two new owners now. Deki was great to us and served us memorable food!
The cakes were also really good.
Would have loved it even more, if it was completely vegan. But that's just me.

Pros: Service, Food, Hot Chocolate
Cons: Not Completely Vegan
lucyday
lucyday

we need more veggie places in oxford

3 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2010

The food is not as magic as the name suggests, standard veggie options but the live music is nice and everyone is always friendly. They don't seem to mind kids which makes a nice change but definitely not a quiet romantic lunch kinda spot.

pisceschic
pisceschic

Decent

3 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2009

I was excited to find a shop with vegan food right next to a very cool bookstore called the Inner Bookshop. But the spiced fruit cake I had was disappointing. While the flavor was good, it was quite dry. I preferred the coconut chocolate flapjack I had at Uhuru Wholefoods. There were other vegan deserts on the menu that weren't available and a few vegan savory dishes that I didn't try. It's worth a visit.

tinkerbell
tinkerbell

dull food, dull place

2 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2007

Uninspiring food with the environment to match.
Always seems to be children running about whilst their parents ignore this behaviour. Really hard to finish food with all this going on. Left without finishing food, not that we missed out. Had chips on the way home!!

Cons: dull food, unhelpful staff

Dear Owner and Manager of The Magic Cafe: