The Love Kitchen at...

Serves meat, veg options available. NOTE: Previously listed as vegan, but as Aug 2010, reported to HappyCow to also serve meat and dairy. Part of Absolute Yoga. All natural kitchen offering extensive vegetarian menu, fresh baked breads, cookies, sandwiches, raw options, raw ice cream, salads, healthy elixirs, juices, and more. Internet access available. Yoga studio and western bodywork available. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by SallyP
vtraveller
vtraveller

Nice place, good food

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

Considering the options on Samui, it's worth making a trip out to this place, especially if you're staying in Chaweng. There's an extensive menu, and although it's true that the menu has meat on it, all of the veg items (majority of menu) denotes what is veg.
I tried the nori rolls, which came with two dipping sauces. It was nicely presented, and veggies were fresh.
I also, had their signature juice which is coconut water with some pineapple juices and herbs, very refreshing. The raw desert options were great, and although they also had a vegan chocolate cake available, I opted for the raw tart. I was surprised to see two tarts arrive, which is one order. One really would have been enough and considering the price, about 140baht, was well worth it... delicious and not overly sweet.

Pros: great selection, nice presentation, fresh food
Cons: location is a little far
amandajoy27
amandajoy27

Not 100% vego

2 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2010

Not 100% Vegetarian as they sell fish & chicken.

Over priced and bland food. Would never eat there again, cost 2000 baht for a meal for 3 people. Very expensive. Not value for money. Is about $71 Aus dollars, while that might not seem much, it is in Thailand, most of the meals I bought cost me around 100 baht ($3.51 aus dollars).

The chocolate cake is vegan. Horrbile cake! My cake was burnt. Disgusting. The tofu burger- was a piece of bread cut in 3 pieces with tofu on top. tiny meal.

People don't waste your time going there, you will be disappointed :(

Pros: has some vegan meals
Cons: Expensive, serves fish & chicken, Small meals
SallyP
SallyP

This place has to be visited!

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2007

We were extremely lucky to be staying only walking distance from this wonderful restaurant. We ate here so many times that we almost went through the entire menu. There is so much on offer and all of it truely delicious. My only problem being that the portions are just too big! As hard as I tried, I couldn't finish my chocolate cake! And it's all vegan. This is the sort of place that makes you want to emigrate just to be more local. And the staff are really friendly, too. There's internet access and an international phone available too. And if you really wanted to, you could do some yoga.

Pros: great big portions, all vegan, easy to find
Cons: great big portions

Dear Owner and Manager of The Love Kitchen at Absolute Sanctuary: