Serves meat, veg options available. Breakfast and lunch place. Uses some locally grown produce. Try the vegan omelette made from rice flour and coconut milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by will-travel-for-food
HappyGardener123
HappyGardener123

be specific!

3 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

So while the breakfast and brunch here are tasty, you need to be very clear about cross contamination and ask about each ingredient. I have food allergies in addition to being vegan and have found that not all items are completely free of dairy due to shared prep and cook spaces. If you really need things kept separate, ask!

Sarah P
Sarah P

Excellent vegan options

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

I have eaten at the Lone Wolf for years and only one time did I have a problem with a little piece of meat falling onto my plate in the kitchen. During that one and only time, staff were extremely helpful and apologetic. My favorite item is the vegan breakfast burrito. It is huge with tofu scramble, black beans, and green salsa. I have also enjoyed the vegan omelette, southwest scramble, and vegan specials when they are available. I tend to frequent the restaurant during breaks from the college calendar, because during the school year there is often a very long wait to get in. I actually don't like the coffee here, and espresso drinks are not available, but this is not at all a deterrent to eat breakfast or lunch at the Lone Wolf. Definitely check out this fun place!

Pros: Excellent vegan menu, Excellent food quality, Fun ambiance
Cons: Poor coffee, Often long wait
RayneTupelo
RayneTupelo

Wonderful Brunch!

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2012

If you are vegan and you want to eat brunch in Amherst, you should go here. Seriously. The vegan section of the menu is small (maybe 6 items), but they're all great. (I've been here enough to try all of them.) Probably you are more groovy than me and this won't matter to you, but they don't have soda. When I asked if they had fountain sodas, the waiter looked at me scornfully. During the week, there isn't a wait for seating, but if you come on the weekend, you can expect to sit outside for 10-15 minutes.

VeganPlease
VeganPlease

Lone Wolf is a must for breakfast

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

Best vegan french toast and smoothies!! This place is another one not to miss. Love the atmosphere when its on the slightly less crazy busy side and I mean slightly, I haven't seen this place without a line out the door, even in the rain. They have something for everyone. Go!

Pros: Options, Vegan Smoothies, Great Food
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Fantastic vegan breakfast options!

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2010

We have been going to The Lone Wolf (and, formerly, Nick's) for years. Their vegan breakfast offerings are outstanding, and the coffee is delicious! Some of our favorite items on the menu include: the tofu veggie scramble with red onions, pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and fresh herbs; the tofu southwestern scramble with red onion, red/green/jalapeno peppers, tomato, and vegan cheese; the vegan pancakes with blueberries; the vegan breakfast burrito with seasoned black beans, tofu scramble, salsa, and vegan cheese; their custom vegan omelettes; and their vegan Benedict with spinach, grilled tomato, seared tofu, and vegan Hollandaise sauce on wheatberry toast. All delicious! If I had to pick one favorite, it would be the standard tofu scramble. It always has the freshest veggies and herbs in it -- not at all bland like many scrambles served at other restaurants. Give The Lone Wolf a try! On the weekends, get there on the early side to avoid a wait.

Pros: delicious vegan brunch options, great coffee, nice staff

Dear Owner and Manager of The Lone Wolf: