Serves meat, veg options available. Small natural foods cafe offering juices, smoothies, sandwiches, spinach pies, and salads. Makes vegan cookies. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Lisa
suzycourage
suzycourage

Last Carrot great..

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

I always check out Last Carrot when in Miami area. They get better every year. And the carrot juice is the greatest, along with the split pea soup. I highly recommend it for vegetarians and vegans.

Pros: great vegan selections
nawsome
nawsome

good spot for veg eatin'

3 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2011

they have awesome soups! the wraps, etc. are substantial and filling and there's a large menu to choose from. i've been back and plan to keep going back!

Pros: free parking, yummy food, ok prices
Cons: slow service, they run out of things often

khalidasweila
khalidasweila

Good

3 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2011

I've been in there a few times now, the service has always been polite, maybe even a little friendly?! They are out of stuff, but as someone else mentioned, I'm always ok with restaurants being out of stuff because they need to make more. the juices are good, thoug organic would be a pretty logical step for a place like that. Warning: the veggie burger is just a frozen one so basically the only thing you can eat if your vegan is the hummus sandwich - which is heaven if they have hummus. Bottom line, if you're in the area try it, but maybe have a backup plan if you're vegan.

fawn588
fawn588

Best Tofu Sandwich I've ever had!

4 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2009

he Last Carrot isn't much to look at, but from the second I walked in the door I knew that I had made it to a little slice of vegan heaven. Instead of trying to decide between Chinese take out classics like Buddha's Delight and Bean Curd & Eggplant or pizza (no cheese) plus a meager list of toppings from the local pizzeria, I had a full menu to choose from including vegan desserts! It had only been a week since I dined at an ultra vegan-friendly restaurant but it seemed like an eternity and I took my time looking over the menu. Would I try the Spicy Tofu Pita Sandwich? Maybe the Hummus Pita? Homemade Veggieburgers are always a safe choice. Or did I want to go for one of their ginormous (yes that's a word, because I say so!) salads. Maybe some hearty soup and a salad. Then there was the prospect of having a smoothie made from real fruit, not concentrated fruit juice or syrups. As I tried to make my decision I looked down to see a huge vegan cake beckoning me to come closer and a full case of vegan cookies and brownies. What's a little Vegan Guinea Pig to do with such choices put in front of her?

For the rest of the review head to the Vegan Guinea Pig Blog http://veganguineapig.blogspot.com/2009/06/restaurant-review-last-carrot-miami-fl.html

Pros: Selection, Juice Bar, Friendly Staff
Cons: Size, Aesthetics, Parking
eattolive
eattolive

A Let Down

2 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2008

I moved to Coconut Grove and was happy to have found the Last Carrot, thinking, this would be my regular lunch spot. On my first attempt, I was ignored completely by the owner / manager for several long minutes. Even an "I'll be with you in a minute" would have sufficed.

I have since tried again a few times. At best, the service is indifferent. Sometimes the other woman working their is friendlier. I agree with the other reviewer that this place burns up any goodwill created by the concept of a healthy veg place in sorely lacking Miami. The menu is limited, they are out of things all the time, it is somewhat pricey, I rarely go away feeling filled up, it is not a particularly clean or pleasant atmosphere.

The food was okay - no major complaints on that front, other than some smallish portions, but nothing worth remembering either.

All in all, I get the impression that ownership feels that because they are they only game in town, they don't have to try, which is a shame. Instead of eating there every week, I gave up after a few tries.

Pros: Grove location, some decent menu options
Cons: unfriendly ownerhsip, atmosphere
Lisa
Lisa

Not so bad

3 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2008

I went in here kinda scared after reading the reviews. It didn't seem bad at all! They're busy because they make everything from scratch, so you might have to wait a couple minutes for your food, but it wasn't a big deal. They were out of some things, but I had a REALLY good tofu pita- they make the tofu just right and the vinegarette dressing is awesome! Don't be scared to try it out. ;)

Pros: Delicious Food, Parking Lot
Cons: Didn't have everything on the menu

Dear Owner and Manager of The Last Carrot: