Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a few vegetarian choices. Formerly The Health Station Cafe. Still has The Health Station grocery store attached. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg

First Review by kokuafest1
bitay
bitay
  • non-vegetarian

Good Food but Over Priced

2 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

We were looking for an organic cafe and happened into The Jungle. The small cafe looked inviting. We went for lunch and were seated quickly. They brought out samples of soup and we chose one. It was a little salty but still tasty. We ordered sandwiches. The pictures on the menu and descriptions mislead because they are written in such a way that the sandwich will be large and filling. These were small and like a regular home made on very small bread. The price did not reflect the size. Way over priced for what we got. The taste was okay. I will not be back to The Jungle for lunch or dinner. I will however shop in their store for organic goods.

Cons: Price, Portion size
Harleyrose1968
Harleyrose1968
  • non-vegetarian

This not LA or Miami...

2 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2009

Wow! I had Wonderful Food yesterday AND Service. Very accommodating due to my Celiac and the soups are wonderful.
Now the down side: Where I sat was filthy, the one corner of the room without a waterfall theme-eww I pointed this out to my server who also was so so nice!! I am sure this area will be improved on but maybe the owners should sit and be a customer and look around a bit just to kinda tweak things like the floor looked very whitish dirty on top of the wood by the entrance to the dining area. But where I sat was a tank or something and was really filthy.Which leads me to my second point: With the prices charged and the amount of food not sure I will be back. Great food YES! BUT not enough at All for the prices.... sorry!

Pros: Excellent staff, Good food, accommodating to diets
Cons: Too Pricey, Dirty, small portions

BillyAdrienne+4
BillyAdrienne+4

Everything is Excellent!

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2009

The only thing this place needs is its own chunk of real estate, I would be willing to bet many people have driven by this place without seeing the sign let alone what lies behind it's drab facade. They did a marvelous job decorating the inside. After entering, the name Jungle begins to make sense, not overbearing though. No loud animal noises either, only the sounds of the waterfall and the playing of nice music. The Staff was great, our server was great, and the place has a small grocery store adjacent to it where they sell micro beer and quite a selection of wine. This place had a lot of time and effort put into it and I wish them the best.

Pros: Everything
Cons: easy to miss.
MichelleD
MichelleD

Cute Little Resturant!

4 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2008

What a nice resturant in a small seaside town! Although they didn't have vegan options on the menu, as soon as I said I was vegan the waiter quickly pointed out how a few of the dishes could be modified.

I had the bean burrito without the cheese. The ingredients tasted really fresh and the menu said that everything was organic, which is always a plus.

The resturant is part of a nice little health food store where you can find many things to take home. I enjoyed a soy "ice cream" after my meal.

The atmosphere was very cool and relaxing. We sat next to a water fall. I would certainly reccomend a visit if you are in the area.

Pros: Fresh organic food., Very accomadating., Friendly staff.
Cons: No vegan options on menu., Small selection.
Healthy Mama
Healthy Mama

Scrumptious Food/Outrageous Prices

2 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

First time trying The Jungle, we paid $60 for breakfast (two adults and two young children who had kids meals). Normally, at nearby conventional restaurants, we pay $30-35 for a comparable breakfast. Granted, organic is pricey. And, I would not have minded paying $40-45 for our meal. But, $60 (before tip) was outrageous.

That said, the food was nothing short of amazing! They do need more vegan options.

Pros: Amazing food, Very themed decor
Cons: Price! Price! Price!, Not many vegan choices
kokuafest1
kokuafest1

Soups, Salads, and service

4 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2007

since the recent menu changed, that is about all this vegan goes to the jungle to get. You can almost daily count on a vegan soup, and if its not everyday its at least 4 days a week. Salads are always great choices too for the vegan customer...Its a great place, local, easy to get to! Keep up the good work! If you havent seen it, check the place out!

Pros: great staff, tasty food
Cons: pricey, not many vegan choices

positive change

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2007

We have followed this restaurant for the last couple of years. We only eat organic and truly believe this place has staying power. The dining room is really like a Jungle. They seem to really have put a lot more work into the place recently. The food is what really brings us back. It's a little pricy but well worth it!! Keep up the good work and we'll keep supporting.

Pros: unique atmosphere, excellent food, great service

Very good but now $$$

3 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2007

Food is excellent but I went there for lunch last and noticed the change to menu and prices. I understand it is expensive to provide organic but the menu needs a bit more range in prices. $16 for lunch per a person is a bit much for this area.

Pros: Excellent Food, Location and Style
Cons: High Price

Grrrrreat!

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2007

My wife and I purchased Timeshare nearby and I went riding to find foods and supplements for our stay.Well,1st day,found my Green powder drink mix,my protien bars,my sunscreen,my shampoo,my organic fruit,my organic juices and even my distilled water.Yes,the first day when I walked,in I received the friendliest,most professional,and complete help from mgrs.and employees.Then,the next day went for outrageous juice and breakfast.Then next day,went for homemade organic real kickin' soup and wraps.Thank you all at Health Station,I can't wait for next years visit.Joe and Helen Pisano,Peekskill N.Y.

Pros: very knowledgeable staff, clean and well organized, Great cafe' area,mm good
Cons: n/a

Dear Owner and Manager of The Jungle: