The Juicery

Cafe serving vegan food, fresh juices, smoothies, wheatgrass shots, and wraps. Offers bee pollen and sometimes bags of honey mustard chips. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by phthaloe
BranCorvine
BranCorvine

Healthy Options In Portsmouth

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

Wraps and smoothies. Good healthy options.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 28, 2013

Pros: Friendly Staff, Healthy Low Fat And Raw Foods, Not Too Expensive
Cons: Not Much Seating
sglcklch
sglcklch

Steep prices for very basic food

2 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

My partner and I were driving from MA to ME and decided to pop in here for a quick lunch. We shared the big fresh salad with hummus and the thai wrap. The salad was really just a chopped salad of lettuce, cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes with your dressing of choice. I got the ginger miso dressing and was unimpressed. Hummus cost a dollar extra, which came in a teensy container and tasted like stale cumin powder. Quite possibly the worst hummus I've ever eaten.

The wrap used the same salad ingredients as filling, plus a few pieces of tofu and a peanut sauce. The tofu didn't seem to have been cooked at all, much less seasoned. The wrap was tiny, bland, and dry, and certainly not worth the $7+ price tag.

We paid $16 for this basic and inadequate lunch that left us hungry. I know this review might strike as harsh. By no means did I expect gourmet food; I simply wanted it to deliver the quality that I paid for, but it failed.

Cons: stingy portions, meh food, price
suzycourage
suzycourage

Greatest Place in Portsmouth,NH!

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2011

The Juicery has everything good for you. Best smoothies and veggie juice and acai drinks plus more of the best...The wraps are filling. My favorite is the Indonesian Temphah ! Servings are generous and the gals and guys working are honorable folks. Your best investment in Portsmouth !!

tigercat
tigercat

Eat here!

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

The place doesn't look like anything, but the food was great. Friendly staff who answered questions about the area too. Four of us got wraps and smoothies, all enjoyed.

xbillyx
xbillyx

Great for road trips

4 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2010

My wife and I always stop here on our road trips away from and back to Atlantic Canada. It's conveniently in the middle. Portsmouth is a cute, small town. The Juicery is in a tiny space but is great. I love the Acai Energy smoothie. If I'm getting food as well, I usually go for the Thai wrap.

Pros: Healthy, Vegan
Cons: Cash only
Pwnie-Boy
Pwnie-Boy

Every city should have one!

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2008

This is a fantastic little spot. They've got a great selection of wraps to choose from, which from the few times I've been, are all incredibly delicious. The smoothies are nothing to shake a stick either, they're bursting with all sorts of great flavors. Since I'm in RI I don't make it up that way all that often, but I certainly make it a point to stop by when I'm in the area. Although there's no room to eat there as it's a very small spot, you can easily find a nice place to sit somewhere in the area. I'd like to make it up there in the Fall when they're serving what I've heard to be some ridiculously good chili. Anyway, it's well worth a visit for the great vegan food at a decent price!

Pros: It's all-vegan!, Friendly staff, Incredible food
Cons: x, x, x
phthaloe
phthaloe

Yummy.

4 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2007

Smoothies made from all natural products that put jamba juice to shame. Best smoothies I've had at a restruant. Have a wide variety and a lot of add ins for health. A small menu for wraps. Great staff.

Pros: very healthy, best tasting, friendly staff
Cons: very tiny, no sit ins., slightly expensive, not open year round

Dear Owner and Manager of The Juicery: