Serves meat, veg options available. Tearoom located in the back of Irish Design clothing store. All desserts and most meals are gluten free and vegetarian suitable. Open daily. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Irish, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Bud Coffey
veganstastebetter
veganstastebetter

not a good choice

1 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2013

If your in NOTL you have limited choices, so drive away and find something else. I ate here once, before I was a vegan. I order a quiche, which I took a bite out of it and then noticed some hairs on my plate. I sent it back like any normal person would. I expected a new quiche but got the same one back, now cold. They just brushed the hairs off. I didn't eat it, or pay for it.
Now, I have to say. Why is this restaurant even on this website. Why not add every other restaurant? Montanas has salad and soup so lets add them to a veg site too.

lynnabeana
lynnabeana

Good Food and Friendly Staff

3 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

Cute little bistro-type place. The vegan selections were limited but very good. I had the tomato basil soup with quinoa salad. My friend had the beet salad and gave it two thumbs up. The prices were reasonable, and the staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about their menu. Bonus: It was practically next door to the Royal George Theatre, and our waitress was very quick with our order when we told her we had tickets.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff, Nice outdoor area
Cons: Limited menu
groovyvegan
groovyvegan

Okay

3 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

Vegan options were limited to 3 out of 4 side salads (salad greens, beets, quinoa) and one soup (tomato). My 5 dining companions and I enjoyed these items. The quinoa salad was especially good as it contained pineapple, carrot bits, and slivered almonds. None of the bread was vegan, nor was the broccoli salad (contained mayo), nor any of the entrees. The green tea was quite good. Some of the desserts were labelled gluten-free, although I don't think any were vegan. If the place were more vegan friendly, I probably would have given it an extra star.

Pros: The few vegan options were good., Helpful wait staff.
Cons: Limited vegan options, Limited seating

Bud Coffey
Bud Coffey

Vegan friendly

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2011

Wonderful vegan soup and excellant vegetable sandwich. Vegan selections very limited. Worth supporting. Small inside dining and nice patio. Not fancy. Table service. Hidden behind Irish clothing and accessories store.

Pros: Good value
Cons: Limited menu