The Inn at Spences Bridge

Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly veg but has added many meat dishes to its menu with a few vegetarian choices. Note that the baked goods contain egg and/or dairy. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Canadian, Non-veg
Merritt Highway Ste 8 (Hwy 1/near Ashcroft)
Spences Bridge, British Columbia

Call for hours - tell us

• Reservations required

First Review by bcveeg

Worth The Stop

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2007

The Inn at Spences Bridge was such a treat to stop at for lunch this Spring that I'm passing it on to all my non-vegetarian friends that make the arduous trip to the Lower Mainland. I had the best Borscht soup that I've ever tasted and my husband had the Mushroom Barley. Both came with delicious homemade bread. The dining room is small and intimate with a view of an osprey nest (which was active when we were there in April). The owners Ray & Lynne are in their 5th year of running the hotel (with "12 recently renovated and uniquely decorated guest rooms"), restaurant/bakery and have never regreted serving vegetarian fare only. The menu is varied from soups, samosas, veggie burgers, quiches, lasagne, ravioli, burritos, stir-fries to a curry feast. For a relaxed, no-fuss, laid-back meal, check out the Inn.

Pros: Excellent food, Varied menu, Welcoming staff
Cons: No signage from highway

Dear Owner and Manager of The Inn at Spences Bridge: