This is a project of myself & a team of vegan friends.
We have big goals.
'The Ernest Bell Memorial Library' currently has 1,500+ items & is growing steadily.
We are working to make the books & other items easily accessible once again!
More info - http://www.henrysalt.co.uk/friends/ernest-bell/
The Ernest Bell Library
In 1934 Henry S. Salt originally suggested the establishment of the Ernest Bell Library as a fitting memorial to him. In this Library the literature of vegetarianism and all the other humanitarian movements in which Mr. Bell was so deeply interested would be collected and made available.
The Ernest Bell Library’s primary objectives are to:
1) Collect all of Ernest Bell’s book & non-book works and make them easily accessible to everyone.
2) Collect the literature of vegetarianism and all the other humanitarian movements in which Ernest. Bell was so deeply involved.
3) Assist students and scholars in their research.
4) Introduce, very briefly, all aspects of Ernest Bell’s life, including his writings, campaign work, influences and his circle of friends.
5) To undertake our own research into missing aspects of Ernest Bell’s life and work.
It is time for the library to go online.
There are currently more than 1,500 (as of Jan 2014) items in the library & archives.
We already have more than 200 pieces of Ernest Bell’s own writings.
Additional items are being continuously added.
We are inviting wider collaboration – please contact us to discuss - humanitarianleague(at)outlook(dot)com
We are launching crowd-funding projects to allow us to acquire additional items & to systematically reprint items.
Read more about Ernest Bell & the Library here - http://www.henrysalt.co.uk/friends/ernest-bell/