CLOSED: The Heart Cart

Vegan food truck serving comfort food from cultures around the globe. Seasonal menus, organically and locally sourced ingredients. All food is gluten free and with soy free options. Previously on SW Stark Ave. LAST DAY WAS IN JAN 2013 PER ITS FB MESSAGE. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out
5013 NE 11th Ave (Nargila Gardens)
Portland, Oregon 97211
719-640-7891

Open Tue-Thu 5-10pm, Fri-Sat 5-12am, Sat-Sun 10am-3pm, Sun 5-8pm.

First Review by PortlandVeganLove
chickpeafreak
chickpeafreak

New location // great food

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2012

With only having visited the new location on Alberta Street [August 2012], I'm not so sure about the location--in a little community with three other food carts and a hookah lounge. Looked like it would be a great place to visit at night--but it was still daylight and well, I think we could see too much. The Heart Cart itself was clean and tidy, and the food was great. We ordered two raw dishes, and while I absolutely loved both, my partner didn't really care for either. Both dishes were healthy and flavorful--definitely the healthiest of all the meals we had while visiting Portland, all fresh produce, and not oily like most food cart/restaurant meals. The pod atmosphere implied "peace, love, and happiness", but I noticed that there were no words exchanged between each of the vendors as they set up, which I thought was strange. I would go back again, but only because I like having the healthy option.

Pros: Great healthy food, Clean/tidy cart, Good prices
Cons: Strange unkempt location, Little seating, Get to-go
Ajolote
Ajolote

simple and tasty

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

In the heart of downtown, near the water is this cute little blue cart that sells a fee items. They are completely vegan and uber-friendly. We ordered a swetie taco ($2) which was the highlight of the meal- beans, sweet pptatoes, apples... Then we also had the portobello masala, which was deep fried and swimming in a masala sauce. Tasty, but a bit too rich for me. The water is infused with fruits. Very tasty combinations like watermelon and mango. It was cheap, but not necessarily quick. Good quality and ultra friendly people.

Pros: location, friendliness, tasty
Cons: few choices, short hours
JanetBrown
JanetBrown

Delicious!!

5 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the food was, and the people working there were super friendly, too! This was so much more than just an ordinary food cart...the flavors they combined in their dishes were unusual and soooo delicious! When we are in that area, we will FOR SURE come back!

Pros: Healthy, Vegan, Inexpensive
Cons: No seating
Cascadian
Cascadian

Different is good & THC is both!

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2012

I just finished eating at THC & want to write a review while my memory is fresh.. I enjoy street food & trying new places that offer unique dining options so when I saw a great Groupon offered for the all vegan & gluten free THC, I jumped at the chance to check them out. It is a good thing that I didn't wait - the offer sold out promptly! THC has many things going for it: tasty & unique food, an excellent downtown location & friendly staff. I tried all three of the weekend brunch options & now look forward to coming back for lunch during the week. I definitely hope that you get a chance to try out The Heart Cart soon!

Pros: Tasty, fresh, healthy & unique food!, Great downtown streetcorner location near Max, Friendly staff
Cons: Can be a little slow - they often have a line, If you dislike spicy food, may not be for you, Streetside location can be hectic & noisy
DrBrandyPDX
DrBrandyPDX

Insanely delicious vegan food!!

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

I have been all over the world eating vegan and vegetarian food, and consider myself to be a foodie but for good food only. This food is insanely delicious! I popped by there today to see if buying the Groupon was a good idea. I purchased one for myself and one as a gift - it's so good. I had the Zing [sp] rolls and sweet potato tacos and talk about good. I can't wait to check out their weekend brunch!

Pros: Great chef/staff, Amazing food, Convenient to Max Oak/First Stop
Cons: More people should eat there, I just learned about it, They are only open until 3p

ThomasPDX
ThomasPDX

Tasty vegan food cart

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2012

I've been to this food cart two different times. Both were very good. I talked with the owner and she was very friendly and enthusiastic. They had just started a new menu as of today. The tacos were delicious. It was small and cheap. However, the flavors were worth it. I also got the "Portobello Marsala." However, they were out of both portobello and kale so they improvised. I also wanted to try the soup, but they were out of it as well.
I recommend this place for any person.

Pros: Friendly staff, Tasty food
Cons: Out of some food
PortlandVeganLove
PortlandVeganLove

First time visit

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2012

Overall, I think people should try this place. I've only been here one time and they just started a new menu. I had the tacos. They were tasty and $2 a piece. To give this place a real review I feel I have to go again. I think this place has great potential. The menu is fresh and creative. I think there could be a few things that need fine tuning. I think it might be slightly overpriced comparatively to other carts, but with out actually having one of the $8 options I can't tell for sure. Personally, I like to stick to the $5-$7 range for lunch. I'll be back for round two.

Pros: Creative and tasty, Friendly Staff, All Vegan
Cons: Possibly overpriced

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Heart Cart: