Organic produce, deli, juice bar, vitamins. more-less

First Review by JenniferF
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

small packed store

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

The Health Nuts is a small packed store, but it seemed to have a little of everything. Even though they are not all vegan, at least there isn't a butcher counter area. There's also a deli counter in the back which I review separately. Definitely the kind of store I would rather shop at than Whole Foods.

Pros: plenty of vegan options
Cons: not all vegan
JenniferF
JenniferF

Great place near Grand Central

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2009

This is a kind of old school place that we are unfortunatlely losing. Health food, well stocked supplements, lifestyle items, a small produce section, and a to-go lunch counter with home made soups, sandwiches, and hot food. I had a red lentil veggie soup that was simple but delicious with huge chunks of zucchini and squash. Some of the aisle foods seem a bit overpriced to me, but it's probably a combination of the rent and the fact that it's small store not buying in massive quantities.

Pros: wide variety of products, great healthy lunch option, decent prices

Dear Owner and Manager of The Health Nuts: