Serves meat, veg options available. Burgers, pizza, and salad place with some veg choices but reported no longer offering vegan cheese, Mar 2013. Previously at S Kimbrough. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Pizza, Non-veg
301 E Battlefield
Springfield, Missouri 65807

Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm

First Review by MO_vegan

No longer any vegan options whatsoever

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2015

I used to get their Hippie Burger, but they've since changed the patty and it now has egg whites. Since they order these from a vendor and don't make them from scratch, there's no way to veganize it.
I'm so sad about this, because the Grotto was my favorite restaurant in town before I was vegan, and after for a short time.

Cons: No food offered without animal parts

Not as vegan friendly as it used to be

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

No longer serving vegan pizza. This used to be where groups of friends would go so all types of diets could have multiple choices. Elimination of vegan pizza makes eating here on same par as eating just about anywhere else-

Pros: easy parking
Cons: no vegan cheese

Ask for the Vegan menu

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2010

The vegan menu looks like the regular one! It was nice to have so many choices. The vegan cheese they use is very good. The Vegan California Melt was delicious. I plan to eat there every time I go to Springfield. 5 stars.

Pros: Separate Vegan menu, Tasty vegan cheese, craft beer on tap

Dear Owner and Manager of The Grotto: