Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegan breakfast, vegan salads, occasionally other things. Wholefood menu, about half the menu is vegetarian. Will accommodate vegan requests. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
Shop 4/35 Progress Dr, Nightcliff
Darwin, Northern Territory 0810

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by imo
KimberlyHarding
KimberlyHarding

Great Big Breakfast

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2014

My partner and I love Groove. They do the best big breakfast around for a vegetarian without having to make your own meal. They have a big Vegan breakfast and a big Vegetarian one. My downfall is that I wish there was a hash brown on the Vegan breakfast. The location is very Darwin; laid back and outside. It can get very busy on Sunday when the Markets are on but it is a nice atmosphere. The fresh juices are lovely and last time I went I even got a Soy Iced Coffee, a rarity as a vegan. There is a lovely shop attached to Groove featuring incense, wall hangings, rugs and clothes. The Groove is a lovely Saturday and Sunday place to enjoy a filling breakfast.

Pros: Vegetarian option, Vegan option, Free-Ranged local eggs
Cons: Can be hot in the 'Build Up', A little overpriced, Smoking Area too close for comfort
imo
imo

Chilled Local Cafe

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

Pretty much any Nightcliff local can give you the low-down on Groove. I've lived in Nightcliff for about 4 years now so eaten here many a time. Its true the menu is veg-friendly; not mega vegan-friendly but its easy to modify a lot of it. Coffee is pretty good for Darwin. The best thing is although the service is often at a snail-pace, it's friendly and easy-going so you don't mind. Great location and chilled out vibe.

If I had to search for criticism it would be that for the price of the meals, I'd expect a slightly classier experience (eg home-made baked beans instead of from the tin, or some nice sourdough toast rather than supermarket bread). That's just me being picky though. The food is nevertheless pretty reliable and they don't mind my dog sitting under the table so Groove gets in my good books. But given the choice, I'd probably stick with Martins down in Coconut Grove.

Pros: great location, chilled vibe, decent coffee
Cons: slow service (sometimes)

Dear Owner and Manager of The Groove: