The Griffin Takeaway

A locally owned vegetarian take-out business located next to Jysk. Offers a variety of vegan options, desserts, gluten free items, light lunches including soups, salads, sandwiches and quiche and more. Closed on Holidays. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Bakery,Take-out

First Review by Arf
VeganPrairieGirl
VeganPrairieGirl

Best Vegan Take Out

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

Delicious Vegan Food! Friendly service, great options! This is the best Vegan food in Saskatoon! Go, and go often!

Pros: Delicious Food, Lots of Vegan Options, Great Service
Cons: No tables-Take out only
Guest
Guest

The Griffin Takeaway

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

Delicious! Every Vegan option on the menu is worth trying and can be made Gluten free as well! I have no food allergens so I've tried about everything on the Vegan Menu several times! This is my favourite place to grab a bite in Saskatoon! The African Peanut Soup is a must if its on rotation, and the Cashew Quinoa Salad always hits the spot! Saskatoon is becoming fairly Vegan friendly, I don't have much trouble eating out at all, but so far this is the only place with a wide array of Deserts and I love me some sweets!
The staff are great and often remember you once you've been in a couple times, and really make you feel valued as a customer!

Pros: Delicious affordable on the go food, Vegan Desert Options, Great customer service
Cons: No tables-Take out only
sasha9
sasha9

Griffin Takeout Rocks!!

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

I have been able to buy non-cruelty free VEGAN baking for my friends and family and they LOVE it every chance they have to eat it!

Pros: Easily Accesible, VEGAN OPTIONS!!!, Polite& Product Educated Staff
Cons: Too Small to go out for a group outing.
  • sasha9 sasha9

My apology.. I should have written cruelty free NOT non-cruelty free. My mistake.
    Sasha9

Arf
Arf

Outstanding: run don't walk here!

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

I'll try most any place that advertises vegan offerings, especially in a small city like Saskatoon where there are few options. I love baked goods, and this place is the real deal. I have oodles of disappointing cakes, squares, etc., all over the world, but the salt water caramel brownie I had at the Griffin is easily the best vegan baked good I've had in my extensive travels in Europe, Canada, and the US. I tried the strawberry crisp, which also was nice. My one regret is that I didn't try more things out--that'll have to wait until the next time I'm in Saskatoon. They had some great looking puddings and cookies in their display case as well, and all the vegan offerings were well marked.

These guys are the real deal, and they were super friendly when I went in there as well, which is a nice bonus. The location is rather nondescript, but don't be put off by that. My one complaint is that the name is not descriptive enough: you really can't tell what it is by its name. That might keep people away.

(ps, this isn't my first review on Happycow, but I somehow forgot my login...)

Pros: Delicious, Friendly
Cons: Their name

Dear Owner and Manager of The Griffin Takeaway: