The Greenside Cafe

Vegan cuisine featuring nut bakes, pasta ribbons, fresh juices, and more. Try the naartjie juice and the miniola lassi juice. All vegan as of April 2012. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Western, International, Juice bar
34 Gleneagles Road, Greenside,Gauteng (Barry Hertzog)
Johannesburg, South Africa 2193
011-646-3444

Open Tue-Sun 8am-5pm, Fri-Sat nights (last order 9.30pm).

First Review by michelc
lilliebliss
lilliebliss

Wonderful Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

This vegan restaurant has a healthy and delicious menu, but includes pizza and pasta for those who feel like something reasonably naughty. The raw food and salads are brilliant. The food is always tasty and the service is friendly. I eat here almost once a week, if not more frequently at times.

I would recommend the Mexican Pizza and the Scrambled Tofu. The raw wrap is also fabulous and the hot chocolate is thick, French style deliciousness, perfect for a cold morning.

A deli is about to be opened next door by the restaurant owners.

Pros: excellent food, consistent, nice vibe
Cons: expensive
Eclipser
Eclipser

Superb vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

Good service, good menu good healthy delicious food. Worth visiting A+++

Pros: All vegan, Friendly staff, Delicious food
HeidiHoyMarais
HeidiHoyMarais

We Love the Greenside Cafe

5 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2013

I love the food, it is always fresh and presented beautifully. I don't have one favourite meal, because I love them all. It is wonderful to know that the food is good and wholesome. Even my 5 year old loves going to eat there.

Pros: Vegan dishes., Healthy Food., Delicious meals.
Cons: Too far away from where we live.
Pig lady
Pig lady

Greenside Cafe

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

The food at the Greenside Cafe is outstanding. Beautifully presented, with friendly staff. i have only one complaint - the fact that no alcohol is served, or that patrons are unable to bring their own. I do not drink, but several of my animal eating friends do, and they will not join me for a vegan meal because they like to enjoy a glass of wine with their meal. I would like to show them that vegan meals do not constitute a lettuce leaf and a piece of tomato.

Pros: Good menu, Cosy, Hot chocolate
Cons: No alcohol
Clafoutis
Clafoutis

Vegan pizza :)

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

I have visited the Greenside Cafe twice, once in 2010 and once last week. Both times I have found the food delicious and affordable, and the staff welcoming. I would recommend the pizza with vegan cheese, quinoa and soya mince pie, sweet potato side dish and the chocolate brownie... And the hot chocolate, which tastes like a bowl of melted dark chocolate, definitely not to be missed! There are refreshing juices, and an extensive menu for many more options.

Pros: Variety of menu, Vegan cheese and cream, Friendly staff
DaveRedDog
DaveRedDog

Beautiful food

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

On a recent 2 week visit to Johannesburg I ate here 3 times and had something different each time, I will be heading back there next time I'm in SA to sample more of the extensive menu. Great tasting food, beautifully presented and lovely staff. A real 'must visit' destination for anybody traveling to or through that area. Try the cupcakes.

Pros: Choice, Taste, Staff
mandsclair
mandsclair

Tasty and simple

4 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2012

I found the food at the Greenside Cafe simple and yet tasty. They serve balanced meals that are definitely a healthier option and cater to most vegetarian palates. The restaurant is a little small but comfortable nonetheless.

Pros: healthy, simple, tasty
Cons: small premises
michelc
michelc

Tasty vegan cuisine

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

I have eaten at The Greenside Cafe a couple of times and the food is delicious! The soups are very tasty and the menu variety is good too. THey even have vegan cupcakes, so nice to have a restaurant that exactly knows what Vegan is. I love the salads and vegan ribbons (looks like pasta, but is actually protein packed tofu sheets cut into strips) and the "shooting stars" as a desert makes your toes curl. Would recommend it to any person, irrespective of whether they are vegetarian, vegan, or not.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Tasty Food, Vegan desrts

Dear Owner and Manager of The Greenside Cafe: