The Green Sage - South

Serves meat, veg options available. Second location of The Green Sage. Place your order at counter and food is delivered to you. Comfortable, casual atmosphere. Lots of choices for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free--all marked clearly on menu. Serves breakfast all day. Uses local and organic ingredients. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Chinese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Caribbean, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by GypsyHealer
KajiKodomo
KajiKodomo

Amazing!

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2014

I've been here twice so far. The first time I got the Ginger Miso Bowl with tempeh. It was to die for! I ordered the large and had quite a bit to take home for later as well!

The second time, I ordered the Curry Cashew Salad Wrap and it was also really good! It was much larger than I anticipated and I couldn't finish the entire thing!

I've also tried their cold matcha with the rice milk and an almond butter vegan brownie, and loved them both!

Pros: quick service, more than just one or two options
shsmile23
shsmile23

Just so-so

2 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

In town from NW Indiana and was excited to see there was a vegan breakfast place close to where I was staying. Unfortunately it did not meet my expectations; I ordered the Green Sage plate vegan style; the kale was very fibrous and tough; sweet potatoes, tofu and biscuits w/ gravy all seasoned well but didn't really work well together. Even the fruit I ordered left something to be desired as it was under ripe and out of season. I also ordered a Matcha Green Tea latte...it was alright but I waited 20 minutes for it. Doubt I'd visit this place again...unless maybe the downtown location is better??? This might be a great place for non-vegans, but this vegan was not impressed.

Pros: Some vegan options
Cons: food subpar, very slow service
djmichael
djmichael

Pleasantly Surprised

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

Generally, I don't like to eat at a restaurant that is not full-service. But Green Sage was a pleasant surprise. You go to the counter and place your order, and they bring your food to your table. The food was exceptionally good and a good value. I got the Caribbean Pineapple rice bowl with tempeh. It included red cabbage and red pepper, which were not listed on the menu but were a welcome addition to the dish. Some of the ingredients at Green Sage are even organic. The menu is well marked as to what is vegan, organic, and gluten-free. Ambiance is simple and clean and spacious. I'm glad I discovered this place. This is a second, newer branch of Green Sage, whose original location is in downtown Asheville.

Pros: Vegan options, Great value, Lots of choices
Cons: Meat on the menu

GypsyHealer
GypsyHealer

Great Place

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

This is my favorite places to eat and to hang out in South Asheville! As a gluten free, vegetarian, there are many choices. The staff is always wonderful. It is a wonderful place to plug in your computer, have coffee or tea, and chill out in a peaceful environment!
It is located in a small shopping area, Dingle Creek, with ample parking, and easy access from Hendersonville Road. Breakfast is served all day too! I have never been disappointed with any selection at Green Sage!

Pros: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free

Dear Owner and Manager of The Green Sage - South: