CLOSED: The Green Room

Previous named The Bistro Upstairs. Fully veg since Oct 09. Occasional live entertainment. Vegan-friendly: usually a soup and/or main dish, a salad and a cake. Fully licensed. Gluten-free-friendly. Reported closed to HappyCow July 2015. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western
The Mission Theatre, 32 Corn Street (Bath)
Bath, England BA1 1UF
01225-428600

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by sasstal
devkom1
devkom1

Only open during shows

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2015

This restaurant is NOT OPEN during regular hours. It is ONLY OPEN BEFORE THEATRE SHOWS so we couldn't go there.

jeffhosier
jeffhosier
  • non-vegetarian

Delicious

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2012

Have had lunch here a few ties and it's always been very nice. Reasonably priced, fresh, a good mixture of things, and lovely desserts.

It's upstairs in the Mission Theatre on the south side of the city centre quite near the college. Not easy to find, but well worth the effort.

Vegmers
Vegmers

Cute little tea/lunch spot

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

I stopped in for lunch one day during my visit to Bath. I had a butternut squash soup with fresh bread and vegan margarine followed by tea and vegan chocolate cake. There weren't very many vegan options the day that I was there, but the menu changes weekly or as the owner runs out of things. Everything was very good and filling.

The woman who runs the place was very friendly and the food arrived fairly quickly. If I lived in Bath, this would become a favourite haunt pretty quickly.

I was the first ones in for lunch that day (close to noon), but the room quickly filled up with small groups of people.

Pros: healthy food, good value
Cons: tricky to find

sasstal
sasstal

The Green Room, Mission Theatre - Bath

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

My daughter and I visited The Green Room when we met up for lunch in Bath city centre as it is minutes from my daughter's work and opposite a large car park. Though the day was stiflingly hot, the room was comfortably cool. The cafe on the first floor isn't well signposted but easy to find if you know it's above the Mission Theatre. The place was empty but for one other family, though it is quite small so it wouldn't take many diners to fill it. The food was very fresh (we had asparagus salad) and the soft drinks were nicely cooled. Service was attentive yet unobtrusive and we were able to relax and enjoy a lovely lunch and a chat. The prices were fair for the quality and freshness of the food.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Easy parking
Cons: Only easy to find if you know it's there, Could become full quickly

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Green Room: