Coffee house and vegetarian cafe. Food is made in-house, including burgers and falafel. Offers an evening menu and a licensed bar 3 nights. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out
1 Pierrepont St
Bath, England
01225-420084

Open Mon-Sun 9am-5pm, Thur-Sat 6-9:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by sennen
RachelJoy
RachelJoy

Great place!

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

Went there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2-day period. Fantastic veggie burger, yummy desserts, really creative dinner choices. Best soy mocha I've ever had (thanks, Polly!). Great value.

Pros: Food quality, Fast service at lunchtime, Most food is vegan
Cons: Slow service at dinnertime, Only 5 mains on dinner menu
sarahjj
sarahjj

Loved It!!

5 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

Sadly we had already ate lunch elsewhere but found this lovely place after visiting the abbey. We had the chocolate and orange polenta cake and a cuppa tea. Great for both me as a vegan and my gluten free boyfriend. I also took some cherry bakewell cake away which was also beautiful. Sadly we left that afternoon so couldn't come for an evening meal but it will be first on our list when we revisit. For breakfast,dinner and evening meal. Wine and all....cannot wait!! Also loved the feel and loom of the place

Pros: Lovely Cakes Both Vegan And Gf, Menu Loomed Awesome, Decor/ambience Great
AllanB
AllanB

A new favorite for Bath

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

I've been coming to Bath for several years and was quite happy to see Green Rocket open their doors. I'm a Vegan and I found myself trying Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and even afternoon Tea/Coffee and Cake, of course not all on the same day! I did pace myself. The menu is very accommodating to Vegans, with many choices. I enjoyed everything I had, especially the Mini Veggie Breakfast (they even make their own beans) and the Indonesian Tempeh for Dinner. Outstanding. A must try amongst the other great Vegetarian and Vegan Options Bath has to offer.

MrSteeps
MrSteeps

So good we had lunch and dinner!

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

We went to this busy cafe for lunch and had General Tso's Tofu Stirfry and a Mezze for lunch followed by delicios coffee and vegan Cherry Bakewell cake for our dessert. It was so yummy we went for dinner there as well, enjoying 3 Courses each for about 20 quid a head plus a bottle of organic wine (and a couple of organic beers!), the evening menu was taken up a notch from the daytime, we enjoyed an Indonesian Tempeh and a raw triple salad for our mains, we had a Kashmiri Almond pudding and a Vegan Amaretto Tiramisu for our dessert which was to die for. The menus have a nice balance of healthy, indulgent, raw and gluten free things as well as being 95% vegan. Everything we had was really tasty. The restaurant itself is light an airy with plenty of space between tables, the service was really friendly and efficient even though they were busy. After speaking with the maitre d' she informed me they are planning to open up downstairs soon.
I will definitely return and recommend others to try as well. Cant wait to go back and try breakfast.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Service, Great Value
Conor.harrington
Conor.harrington

a little disappointed but would return

3 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2014

Was very busy at lunch time and had to wait for a table. Fresh juices were nice. Had to wait a long time for our mains. My partner had the courgette spaghetti which had good flavour and good portion size for the dish however she was hungry again by the time we left. I had the stir fried tofu and greens which was cooked really well and had good flavours but was a little oily. There were some good looking other options on the menu that may have been a better choice.

Pros: nice atmosphere/friendly staff, well prepared food, reasonably priced
Cons: not very imaginative dishes
Chrono
Chrono

Great Vegetarian Restaurant

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2013

This place made my trip to Bath! Tasty vegetarian food, great atmosphere, funky layout. Perfect!

Pros: vegetarian, gluten free, vegan
SecretSnackeress
SecretSnackeress

Breakfast that would please even Roman conquerors

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

Wooden tables & floors, colanders as lampshades and Monster Veggie Brekkie! What a great way to start your day! The vegetarian sausages had a distinctive herby flavour to them which I loved as well as the unique taste of the home-made brown sauce. The saute skin-on potatoes proved to be a tasty, lighter alternative to hashbrowns - a good idea. Other customers also seemed to have enjoyed their food, such as a vegetarian woman who had apparently persuaded her non-vegetarian muscular man to come and check for himself if meatless brekkie will really make him faint in a gym. We liked the atmosphere so much that after visiting Roman Baths we decided to come back for a coffee & walnut cake and banana bread, and we loved it as well!

SteveOfLondon
SteveOfLondon

The New Number One Restaurant in Bath

5 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

There's another place I come to eat at when once every few years we come to Bath, itself I've always thought as second only in the South to Terre a Terre in Brighton. That place is still very good indeed though now a bit thin in vegan choices, but now if we can only visit one veggie restaurant in Bath then it will have to be the Green Rocket.

The spiced nuts appetiser was roasted rather than stir cooked and aromatically flavoured - wonderful, and the seared oyster mushroom starter was divine. You can take a risk with thalis made by non- Indian chefs but not here, and I just had to try the cashew cheeseboard and I'm glad I did.

So never mind 'if you are in Bath....'. Come to Bath, because the Green Rocket is here!

paintedlillies
paintedlillies

So delicious!

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

This was the first vegan/veggie place I have ever been to. I hope the rest of them are like 'the Green Rocket'. There were plenty of vegan options, even more than vegetarian options. There was also a range of delicious cakes. I had the chocolate orange one and it was so lovely! The staff were really kind and helpful. For all of this I would have expected it to be expensive but it was very reasonably priced. I'm definitely going to go here again in the future.

Pros: so many vegan options, kind staff, delicious
Cons: nothing!
phantomboarder
phantomboarder

A must... REGULARLY!

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

We (that's me, my wife and my two girls) bloody love this cafe, the vibe is good - it's chilled out & welcoming. The staff always seem happy and the food is top drawer.

I've now tried most things on the menu - but I do have a couple of fav's! If i'm just nipping in for a cheeky lunch whilst at work (yeah, I treat myself occasionally!) I usually go for the Falafel sarnie... I don't know what it is about it (cause it's just a sandwich!) but it's FANTASTIC! The chef has clearly got a bit of a secret knack! Also, the burger is a winner too!

The 'monster' breakfast has almost beat me! I'm a big lad, I like my food, but... I've had it 2 or 3 times and always struggle to eat it all and then haven't eaten again all day!

The location is great - really central in the city and the prices are good versus the quality of the food. It's now got an alcohol license and some lovely beer and cider! (& added bonus!)

Over all, i'd score this place as very highly recommended!

Pros: Food, Vibe, Location
RealGandy
RealGandy

Fabulous cafe

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2013

I was excited back in February when I saw a tweet mentioning a new vegetarian cafe due to open in Bath. We visited the first weekend and immediately it became a firm favourite. Run by Phil, they listen to customers. It started as a lunchtime only cafe. Very quickly it started doing breakfast and will be doing evening meals too very soon.

Almost every dish on the menu is vegan, or is optionally vegan. As Phil once said, "we're a vegan cafe with a few veggie options".

Then we get to the cakes. Lucie has been baking her heart out with lots of wonderful new and exciting vegan cakes too. Her polenta cake is stunning and the recent cherry bakewell cake divine.

The menu also has a large selection of gluten free options too, including cakes.

We visit Green Rocket probably once or twice per month for breakfast or lunch and can't wait for them to open in the evening!

It never gets boring either, as the menu is constantly evolving with new, seasonal recipes.

Updated from previous review on Thursday August 29, 2013

Pros: Wonderful atmosphere, Food is divine, Owners and staff friendly
CatherineM
CatherineM

Informal and friendly

5 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

I had lunch here and really enjoyed it. There were loads of gluten free and vegan options (including some excellent cakes!) and good coffee too. My only negative is that it's not open later, so it's only possible to come here for lunch. The staff were friendly and helpful. I'll be coming back!

Pros: Inexpensive, Good choice, Knowledgeable staff
Cons: Not open evenings
MrsTigz
MrsTigz

My new favourite eatery !

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

My Fiance and I visited The Green Rocket on a recent day trip to Bath (after seeing it on this site). We found it to have a wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. It's an attractive space with rustic wooden furniture, clean green walls and beautiful artwork. The staff were absolutely lovely and so helpful and efficient. The only problem we had was deciding what to order as we aren't used to having so many vegan choices! In the end we plumped for the vegetable and ale stew with dumplings and the mushroom burger with cashew cheese. (we were tempted to come back for a falafel sandwich...)Both were amazing and it was easy to clear our plates. there was also a very good choice of desserts, we had the coffee and walnut cake and banana bread and some soya lattes. All the food was freshly prepared on the premises, service was swift and the prices were surprisingly good. They also have gluten free options. We felt so comfortable there we could have happily stayed longer but had sightseeing to do so purchased a jar of their fine chilli sauce and left. I really would highly recommend this cafe and am looking forward to our next visit. I hope they do well and remain in Bath for years to come.

Pros: Good location, Great atmosphere, Friendly staff, Many vegan choices
sennen
sennen

Fly me to the moon with a Green Rocket burger!

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

An excellent meal at the Green Rocket Cafe Bath with friends. Divine chard and fennel pakoras with home made chilli sauce and the vege burger was a mouth sensation (I would recommend the chefs cashew cheese!).

Spoilt for choice with the range of vegan and gluten free cakes. One is just not enough!

A wonderful atmosphere with welcoming and friendly staff. Great for a catch up with friends or people watching with cake and coffee.

Looking forward to their breakfast menu which is promised soon.

Love the colander lights and comic stools.

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent value, Excellent atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of The Green Rocket: