Serves meat, veg options available. With every dish, you can substitute either the tofu that's made in-house (with eggs) or the vegan chicken. Veg options clearly labeled. Cozy atmosphere. Reservations suggested for Fri-Sat nights. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Thai, Asian Fusion, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg
110 Kinderkamack Rd (Grand Ave)
River Edge, New Jersey 07661
201-678-1888

Mon 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by Sally K
Antonia
Antonia

Amazing

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

Wonderful service right from entering the building, very cozy, The food here is always amazing... Vegan for me and still with plenty of options for my family... Price is amazing for the area and they even remember us when we come... Best veggie food I've had in Jersey that I didn't make myself...

Pros: Wonderful staff, Amazing food, Decently priced
lebfam
lebfam

Yummy & Super Veg Friendly

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

Took my husband to Green Papaya because of Sally's review. It was so delicious, extremely fresh and they were very vegan-friendly. They even knew to tell us about the egg in the tofu! If we lived near by, we'd be regulars. The papaya salad and Tom Yom soup were especially terrific.

Pros: Great Food, Excellent Service, Low-key decor
Cons: Bathroom area could be cleaner
Sally K
Sally K

Outstanding homemade tofu

4 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2012

This restaurant is one of Bergen County's best kept secrets. It is a small house-like building amonst business buildings on the edge of Hackensack. Green Papaya has a charming wait staff, and the "sizzling platters" such as the Sizzling Homade Tofu platter are really delicious. The tofu is like firm custard, and is wonderful. The other vegetarian options always include crisp fresh vegetables.
Sometimes at lunch it can get crowded, and it is closed on Tuesday. I highly recommend trying it...you'll get hooked like we did.

Pros: Homemade Tofu!, Delicious coconut sauces, Many veggie options
Cons: closed on Tuesday, lunches can get crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of The Green Papaya: