Vegan cafe, opened Mar 2013. Offers a plant-based whole foods menu with raw food choices and some cooked ones. Gluten-free options. Coffeehouse atmosphere with free wi-fi and sometimes live music. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Raw, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

Dpelkeyuscg
Dpelkeyuscg

No Worries Menu.

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2014

All item on the menu are vegan, it's great to not have to make substitutions or concessions to eat vegan. Food looks and tastes fresh. A definite home run for all vegan, vegetarian, and meat eaters alike.

Pros: All Vegan Menu, Fresh
Cons: Expensive , No Large Parking Lot
  • TheGreenNatureCafe TheGreenNatureCafe

Thanks for stopping by, Depelkeyuscg! We definitely do make an effort to appeal not just to vegans and vegetarians, but to everyone who craves good food with a healthy twist.

Regarding your comment that we are "expensive," please note that every single item on our current menu is under $10. I don't know that you'll find too many places around (other than fast food chains) where everything on the menu is less than $10, especially one that offers freshly made smoothies, fresh-squeezed juices and wheatgrass, large salads, several entrees, kale chips, and fresh-made desserts from scratch. In fact, we've had several out-of-state travelers marvel at how reasonable our prices are compared to similar places they've been to across the country!

Also, although we do not have a traditional "large parking lot," we have plenty of free parking right outside our front door, and parking is rarely, if ever, an issue for our customers.

We hope to see you again soon! :)

VidaValentine
VidaValentine

The healthiest AND TASTIEST

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

I have avoided eating out because of oily fatty options. Also a lack of whole grains has been a disappointment when eating out. Not true at the green nature cafe! So amazing and the prices were terrific! Also very friendly service and other regulars. I say other regulars because me and my boyfriend (not vegan and was a little scared) are hooked!!! :D

Updated from previous review on Sunday September 22, 2013

Pros: healthy and delish, cheap with high quality, friendly and comfortable
  • TheGreenNatureCafe TheGreenNatureCafe

Thanks for the thoughtful comments, Vida! We hope to see you again soon. :)

vegexplorer
vegexplorer

Great fresh food

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

I have been to The Green Nature Cafe twice and loved it both times. The food is unique, delicious, and very fresh. The nachos are a must for a first-timer. I love giving my business to a restaurant that caters to the way I try to live my life -- fresh, local, healthy, etc.

The only thing I don't care for is the fact that some sauces are served in throw-away containers. This is unnecessary, especially for a restaurant that seems so "conscious" in other ways.

Overall, though, I highly recommend a trip to The Green Nature Cafe if you're looking for fresh, vegan food.

Pros: Fresh, unique food, Friendly staff
Cons: Limited menu

veglife00
veglife00

Green nature

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

I really wanted to like this restaurant--a vegan restaurant with raw options in the general Dayton area, after all! The food was just mediocre. I had the Bimbimbab and, although it was on the cooked menu, all of the veggies were raw except for the mushrooms. I had the miso sauce which was pretty good but did not do all that much to make the dish more interesting (than basically being cut up raw veggies and rice, which I could easily make at home and do more with). It would have been nice if there was some protein in this dish too (tofu or seitan, for instance). My friend had the baked falafel sandwich, which she said was cold and flavorless (with the cashew sour creme being the most flavorful thing about it). The kale chips were quite tasty, though I didn't like them as well as the other reviewer. I do think this place has a lot of promise, though, with a very friendly and attentive staff and good quality ingredients. I really hope they read this review and consider making some changes, as I know many in this area willing to make the drive to Dayton for good vegan food.

michaelsalamey
michaelsalamey

Sweet!

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

Really cool hidden jewel for vegans traveling down I-75. Worth the 10 min. departure from the highway and great ambiance.

Updated from previous review on Saturday May 11, 2013

Also wanted to add the Chai Tea was amazing and you must try the seasoned Kale Chips--out of this world. The eggless egg salad sandwich was also a win! Great vegan choices. Totally worth the trip down the road!

Pros: Atmosphere, Friendliness, Price
Cons:
  • TheGreenNatureCafe TheGreenNatureCafe

Thanks for the kind review, Michael! Yes indeed, we are conveniently located about 10 minutes from I-75 and the Dayton International Airport. We are also located right on Route 40, only two minutes right off I-70. Easily accessible for locals and visitors/travelers alike!

We hope to see you again, Michael!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Green Nature Cafe: