CLOSED: The Green Market

Serves meat, veg options available. Small, family-owned restaurant and organic market. Breakfast, wraps, side salads, and dairy-free cheese available. Stocks some local produce. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by blub
Guest
Guest

FANTASTIC EATERY, ONE OF A KIND

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2010

I could not disagree more with the first reviewer, who is probably disgruntled for personal reasons completely apart from his/her experience at the green market...I have been a satisfied customer of the green market since its opening and I can personally attest to its friendly service (I know all of the employees on a first name basis and they always welcome me when I come in)...and then more importantly, the FOOD IS AWESOME. It's just simple, freshly prepared, wholesome food, and I know for a fact that the owner uses ORGANIC ingredients whenever possible. And it's consistently good, so I highly recommend it to anyone who wants delicious home cooking without any unhealthy ingredients.

Pros: healthy cuisine, friendly staff, reasonable prices
blub
blub

DO NOT GO HERE

1 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2010

The service is unfriendly, the food is not truly vegan friendly!!! Smoothies are not all-natural, same food is left there for over a week. Use expired ingredients, found mold in my quinoa.

• jenice sesti jenice sesti

I was very upset to see this review of my eatery and wonder who would have written such a nasty review. My staff is awesome...and know most of our regular customers on a first name basis. One customer recently likened our store to visiting a general store in the 1940's where everyone knows everyone and there is such a wonderful sense of community. As far as food freshness, our food is carefully logged into a book and every morning the staff checks to make sure everything is within our 4 day policy; if not it's tossed. Customers can ask for a "made on" date and our staff will gladly check. Our food is very vegan-friendly...we have one vegan soup daily and in most cases the second soup is also vegan. Our hot entrees include one vegan "meat substitute" dish, another vegan (with no protein) and a third entree with meat. We have a whole display case dedicated to vegan/vegetarian dishes about 2/3 which is vegan. Anyone visiting the store can see this for themselves. Our smoothies are made from frozen fruit, 100% juice or organic milk or milk substitute, 'clean' protein powders, organic nut butters...nothing artificial in our smoothies, period. If the reviewer did have mold in their quinoa I wish they would have let us know. I suppose it is possible that a salad could have been overlooked, but it is so rare that our food lasts in the case more then 2 days. About half of our prepared food is made every day...just visit our kitchen and see the piles of pots to know that is true. It is very disheartening to see reviews such as the negative one posted. I opened this market out of desire to bring clean, healthy food to our town. We're thrilled with the customer base we've established as it's allowed us to remain open through these difficult economic times. People who haven't been in our store just have to visit to see what I'm writing is true.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Green Market: