CLOSED: The Green Mango Del...

Vegetarian Indian food service; will take phone orders for local delivery. Also operates a booth at Haile Village Farmers' Market on Saturdays. Its take-out restaurant, The Green Mango, had shut down in November 2012. NOV 2013 CALLED AND NO ANSWER. REMOVED. more-less

First Review by libraratiff

Really overpriced

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2012

It's a big of a drive coming from the downtown area of Gainesville. Unfortunately, the drive was not worth the meal/experience. The menu "looks" very inviting and with variety. I ordered the garlic naan, which ended up being burnt naan with raw garlic spread on it(very unpleasant). Then I ordered the vegetable curry that was very watery, and it seemed like it was microwaved. My partner ordered a spinach dish that left SO much to be desired. Not that eating off of paper plates bothers me, but paying +10 dollars for a dish and being served on paper plates is pretty awful. Not to mention, water doesn't even come with the food! You have to buy a drink from a fridge. The food honestly reminded me of someone that took microwaved veggies, added some spices, and served it next to rice.

Cons: super expensive, uncomfortable seating, microwave-like food

Don't waste your time.

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2011

The food was microwaved, good but could have been a lot better, didn't seem very authentic, and the portion wasn't very big for the price. Also, the samosas were cold in the middle. I wouldn't go back.

Cons: overpriced, not fresh

Local Indian Take Out

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

Since the restaurant is a take out place, I thought it would be a nice option for a quick, healthy meal. First impressions were bad since the small place is packed with a table and couch, and it is unclear where to order or find menus. The menu provides many vegetarian Indian options, but the price is the same as a sit-down meal. When I decided on the meal, the staff told me it would be 40-45 minutes before the meal would be ready. It is definitely prepared fresh. The staff does not make the food until you order it, but it takes far too long to wait and the environment is not conducive to waiting. I was even asked to come back in 40 minutes to pick up the food. The food did not seem worth the wait time or the cost. This is not a restaurant to use if you are short on time.

Pros: freshly prepared food, vegetarian menu
Cons: price, wait time, cramped space

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Green Mango Delivery: