Serves meat, veg options available. Fresh juices, 6-foot custom salad bar, cold sandwiches, hot paninis. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Raw, Salad bar, Juice bar, Non-veg
400 N Water St (Milwaukee Public Market)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
414-273-8830

Mon-Fri 10:00am-8:00pm, Sat 8:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by SynthVegan
Mpveg
Mpveg

inconsistency at its finest

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2015

I have been here a few times. I always order the same sandwich-#15 a tempeh "Blt" and it always has the same ingredients/toppings but it has been the absolute best sandwich I've had and at other times a mediocre attempt. It really depends who is making it and how busy it is, but always be prepared to wait a while regardless.
I'd give 4 for the sandwich (average of 3-5 for all experiences) but I have to give a 1 for the insane amount of wasted food the "green" kitchen produces. They cut off a the sides of the ciabatta bread to make a loaf into 2 perfect squares but toss all the ends in the trash!! It would make great breadsticks, croutons, etc or send it to a soup kitchen. Every time I've been there the trash is overflowing onto the floor with bread. It really irritates me so I've started getting falafel or hummus at a different booth at times.
They have a decent product if they give it the attention it deserves but they really need to be more consistent and more green if they want to keep me as a customer....

Poundie
Poundie

Nice market eatery

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2014

This is located in a busy market. They offer some nice juices and vegan sandwiches, along with other non-veggie items. Decent prices. You order at the counter, and they have some places to sit, and there are more places to sit upstairs in the market. This is a nice place to go for a quick lunch.

Pros: Decent place to grab a healthy bite.
Cons: Not a dining experience.
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

The public market is cool!

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

I love public markets I wish every city had one! Definitely make a vegan voyage here, there is more than just The Green Kitchen (which is mostly salad based) but their fresh veggies can be made into a sandwich.

Pros: fresh veggies

luneafricaine19
luneafricaine19

great place to frequent!

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2010

I go to the Green Kitchen several times a week. Being a vegan, there are a million combinations to choose from on their salad bar (they do offer cheese & chicken, though). My favorite juice of theirs is the Green Dream. As far as the sandwiches go, they do have one vegan one, as well as a nice selection of vegetarian ones. Being that it's located in the Milwaukee Public Market, it's not a sit down restaurant. But there is plenty of seating inside the market.

Pros: fresh ingredients, great staff, large portion sizes
Cons: can be VERY busy at lunch
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

mostly a salad bar

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2010

Better for vegetarians than vegans(i.e. sandwiches/paninis). This is mostly a salad bar, so if you're visiting Milwaukee, I recommend trying other places before this one. I most likely will not be back.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Green Kitchen: