Organic and natural foods store providing vegan, raw, macrobiotic, vegetarian, and gluten free products. Also has health and beauty supplies. more-less
934 E Main Rd (Union St)
Portsmouth, Rhode Island 02872
401-683-0007
Now Open

Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-6:00pm

First Review by juniper
Lcountertop
Lcountertop

LOVE this organic and natural food store…who knew?

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2015

I had no idea that the Green Grocer was near me after 4 years of living summers in a condo within a 15 min. drive. Finally, tired of traveling 30+ mins each way to the nearest Whole Foods and beating myself up with the traffic and parking, Happy Cow, THANK YOU HC- you have helped me soooo many times! I went to Green Grocer today expecting a little place with a funky 70s health food feel and found a high quality well stocked store with a diverse product grouping. I no longer have to go to Whole Foods! I am so excited about this store that I want to scream it from the roof tops! Their fresh produce is gorgeous- not sad and limp, but fresh and crisp and alive. They actually have a well stocked bulk section and carry a good selection of seasonings including Asian and Indian which are even hard to get even in Whole Foods. They carry fresh baked breads and have ready made sandwiches in a refrigerated section which includes fresh made items for vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic, and omnivores too. I am a vegan but omnivores will find quality items for themselves here too. I came in expecting to be able to fill one bag, if lucky and left with 3 bags full. I am a happy girl!

Pros: selection, freshness and cleanliness, easy parking
juniper
juniper

GG is amazing

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2009

because of its existence i am completely spoiled. it would be so much less easy to be vegan with out it. great variety of supplements and groceries... love it so much..

Pros: excellent variety, vegan and vegetarian prepared foods, staff is super

Dear Owner and Manager of The Green Grocer: