CLOSED: The Green Gourmet

Serves meat, veg options available. Uses only sustainable, natural and organic ingredients. Vegan choices in salads, sandwiches, falafel, and others. Menu changes frequently depending on the veggies and fruit in season. NOV 2013 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Middle Eastern, American, Juice bar, Salad bar, Non-veg
16950 Jog Rd (Shoppes at Addison Place)
Delray Beach, Florida 33446
561-455-2466

Open Mon-Sun 9am-11pm.

First Review by charlieco
kindlizard
kindlizard

Good vegan options, great for area

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2013

Normally I would just say this place is good not great; but if you know the area, it isn't abundant with real options. I would say this place is great for the area and I would likely come here again for lunch. We were here for dinner and what I could eat was limited (beyond just vegan).
The server was as nice as could be. They had some real beer. I think we had a few choices for dessert as well.
Easy to find/park, I'd suggest it when in Boca.

Pros: vegan options, the tattoed server was very nice, beer
shakes13t
shakes13t
  • raw

Delicious Food, Fantastic Service

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

Went there for lunch after the Morikami Gardens and we were so pleasantly surprised. The staff was very helpful and pointed out all the vegan dishes. The iced tea was delicious as was the lasagne, and the chef was happy to make the falafel wrap with tahini instead of tzatziki for us. The kale salad was so good, which is not hard to do, and yet almost nobody else seems to succeed with kale salad. I find that so many vegan places focus their meals on faux meat - tofu, tempeh, gardein, whatever, but to find a meal that is all about the vegetables is a rare treat. Such a pleasant surprise to have such a tasty, healthy lunch (low sodium, local, organic) and such fantastic service. Our waiter was a young guy, didn't catch his name, but he was great even during a busy time.

Pros: healthy, yummy, great service!
charlieco
charlieco

Excellent

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

We recently went to the Green Gourmet for lunch after a lovely zen stroll around the grounds of the Morikami Gardens (go there too!) The food was excellent and the service was friendly and flawless. We had all-vegan goodness including the grilled veggie lasagna, falafel wrap and kale salad and everything was excellent. I've found that a lot of places that advertise as being organic/green/etc. are just plain bland but this food was anything but. The veggie lasagna in particular was fantastic. Many places are good at simple or healthy but few are good at healthy *and* delicious. Kudos. We'll be back!
P.S. I'd give them five happycows but I can't because they're non-veg.

Pros: great food, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Green Gourmet: