All vegan store selling a comprehensive range of groceries, including bulk, chilled food, confectionery and snacks, household products, cosmetics, baby food, environmentally friendly nappies, vegan pet food, books, and planting seeds. Also has fresh cupcakes and brownies, coffee, chai, and cold drinks. Hosts vegan educational and social events. Moved from 3/191 Wardell St, Enoggera. more-less

First Review by readywith
Lea
Lea

Great vegan cafe and grocery store

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

Since moving to their new location the cafe has expanded in size and has a number of tables, so it is now a great place for a family lunch or breakfast. The menu changes seasonally so I'm not sure what they have currently. But when I was there last winter my faves were the toasted sandwiches and the pancake stack with white and brown chocolate layers, ice cream and maple syrup. The peanut butter milkshake was out of this world. They often experiment with new dishes and can occasionally be a bit hit and miss, but I suggest you persevere and find out what dishes you like for return visits. You can also conveniently pick up a big range of vegan groceries and cruelty free toiletries and cleaning products while you are there. I always aim to fit in several visits whenever I am in Brisbane.

Pros: Great vegan food, Knowledgeable friendly vegan staff, Vegan groceries available
duchiewoo
duchiewoo

The best vegan place in brissie!

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

I cannot even begin to explain how awesome The Green Edge is! There are very few places in Brisbane that I would take non-vegan/vego friends and family, but the green edge is absolutely perfect, all their food tastes awesome and the staff are just great.
My partner and I go here atleast once a fortnight. The breaksfasts are super tasty, the big breakfast is absolutely huge, and so delicious. The burgers are rad, and anyone who hasn't yet had the peanut butter milkshake is missing out.
The owner is super friendly and they're always willing to change food around, or make us weird combinations. I cannot give these guys enough praise. Can't wait till they start doing dinners aswell.
They have a huge grocery range, and yes alot of it is expensive, but they're luxury items and you're supporting a locally run family business, not some supermarket chain.
I'm really happy to see this place getting busier and busier!

Pros: Super Yummy Food!, Great Friendly Staff, Wide selection of Vegan groceries
Cons: None!
Food Lover11
Food Lover11

AWESOME AWESOMENESS

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

Seriously Fantastic, awesome, love this place!! I live near it, I eat at it regularly and I shop at it. Everything you want in one place....groceries, food and lovely people!! Highly recommend it, a must visit in Brisbane!

Pros: Chefs that care, great groceries, Awesomely friendly staff/owner
mabatpalm
mabatpalm

Wait 'til they're organised

2 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

This used to be a cute little, friendly shop in a location you couldn't miss, but they have moved. Today we went to visit for the first time since the move; it is in an awkward spot behind some other daggy shops - there is NO signage, the shop was a newsagency before and it still has all the old fittings around the counter - in short, it is a mess. The floor was revolting - old, dirty looking lino, their cafe isn't up and running yet and it just had a yuck atmosphere. They have loads and loads of Vegan stuff if you want all that pre-prepared food, and it is expensive. I hope they get their act together soon, because it was really off-putting. We'll wait for a few months before going back, if we ever do.

So, we went back, and the shop appeared to be more organised, however, they had run out of the food we wanted, they made us the most revolting juice I have ever tasted - in their favour they didn't charge us, but told us that they only had some beetroot left and they couldn't make us another one. The food was little more than ordinary, took an age to come out, and we really won't be back this time. You can only give places so many chances before they lose their customers for good.
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 04, 2013

Pros: Big selection, Friendly staff
Cons: Location, Food, Too much processed junk food

Louisa_H
Louisa_H

delicious!

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

We had the special of the day... Chips + gravy + vegan cheese, and the lentil mushroom pie. Both were so yummy!
Did miss a bit of green-age on my plate tho... Next time I'll have to try something else there. Burgers look good too but I wasn't that hungry when I went. Look forward yo trying everything on the menu.

Pros: yum, vegan, mid-range $
phraser
phraser

Great food and great groceries

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

I go here at least once a fortnight (usually more often).
Great range of groceries (dry, frozen, fresh veg, cheese and meat analogues, small range of bulk bins, toiletries, cleaning items, shoes...) Reasonable prices, convenient to public transport, parking on site.

Also has a cafe doing breakfast, lunch, cake and coffee.
Highly recommend the mushroom risotto, pumpkin soup and the chocolate cheesecake.
They do milkshakes and coffee with choice of 5 non-dairy milks, some food can be made gluten or soy free.
Everything is tasty and staff are friendly.

They do regular sausage sizzles for special occasions - even Dagwood Dogs for Ekka!

Only downside is that at lunchtime you might have to queue for a while to pay (or buy your groceries) as there is only one register.

Pros: Almond milk ice cream!, excellent cafe, reasonable prices
ClarkeVincent
ClarkeVincent

one stop vegan shoppe

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

Great range of vegan products at reasonable prices. Mango smoothie is a massive hit with my daughter as is the chocolate cheesecake. Fresh organic fruit and veg is as cheap, if not cheaper than, the local organic market. Staff always very chatty and helpful. I love having a dedicated vegan store that also has a cafe.

Pros: all vegan, fresh organic produce, great burgers
Joyous
Joyous

Awesome!!

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2013

The Green Edge Is my all time favourite vegan spot in Brisbane. For those reading the early reviews from back in 2009, please note that since the change of ownership, its a whole different place. The new owner and staff are so lovely and go out of their way to order stuff in for you if you ask. The cafe food is exceptional. They've just moved premises and its going to be exciting to see what they do with the new bigger space!

Pros: Warm and friendly staff, Huge range of products, Great cafe food
Cons: None!
noochieswtf
noochieswtf

Great place for Vegans!

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

I recently became vegan and was finding it a bit overwhelming having to constantly check the food in the supermarkets to make sure I could eat it. I googled vegan places around Brisbane and the Green Edge came up. Wasn't sure what to expect when I first went there... but I'm so glad I did. It's amazing!! Everything in the store is vegan. It's awesome to know I can pick up anything and it'll be vegan. I've tried so many different things from the store and loved everything! I almost squealed when I saw they had vegetarian pies (which are delicious!). They have everything you could want! It may seem overpriced but to me it's worth it. Especially when I need something like whipped cream for baking (which you can't get in places like Coles/Woolies). The service has always been great. A guy that I assume is the manager or owner (I see him there a lot) once gave me a free loaf of bread when I asked him if they had a different brand (which they were out of stock). He gave me the bread to try out which was super nice. They also do coffees/food/milkshakes and more. I haven't tried any of that stuff so I can't comment but it always looks good. Can't recommend this place enough!

Pros: Great service, Wide variety, 100% vegan!
veggiedanny
veggiedanny

Safe Haven for Vegans!

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

Thank God for the Green Edge. I am vegan and I consider myself lucky to have found The Green Edge, when I flew to Brisbane last month. As a vegan, I am very conscious about what I eat and I need to make sure everything I consume is cruelty-free. There are quite a few vegetarian places in town but when I got there, I found out that lots of things are not pure vegan and I even got sick when I got back to the hotel. But when I went to the Green Edge. I can have a peace of mind knowing that everything is pure vegan and I didn't have to keep asking the seller about the ingredients. The staff there are very friendly and warm-hearted. It's only 5 km away from downtown and you can get there easily by taking public buses. Being at the Green Edge makes my trip to Brisbane a memorable one and I'll definitely go there again when I have the chance.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Lots of selection, Friendly staffs
KoalaRanger
KoalaRanger

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

My son was in the Royal Children's hospital and was refusing to eat any of their non vegetarian food. Being a long way from home I didn't know where i could things that aren't in the big chain grocery shops. I rang green edge, the staff were wonderful and helpful. They had most of the items my son wanted (including vegan jelly) and what they didn't have they could direct me to were I could purchase them. Thank you!

Pros: helpful , reasonably priced , good range for small shop
Cons: nil
Totoro
Totoro

100% Vegan!

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2010

I visited The Green Edge yesterday and was very impressed! We were greeted with a free soy chai tea, and left to browse the store. Staff were always on hand to answer questions. It's absolutely awesome to have a 100% vegan place in Brisbane, and not to have to worry about checking ingredients lists, etc. The prices are quite high, but all products are organic, sustainable, fair trade, local, or a combination. I will definitely visit here again!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Helpful staff, Wide range
Cons: Expensive
ezmo
ezmo

vegan heaven

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2010

Being a vegan in Brisbane isn't easy i'll tell you that, but The Green Edge just made life a lot easier, sure it might be in a bit of a random location and some of the prices might be a little expensive but i would pa any amount of money so an animal doesn't have to suffer. To add to the awesomeness it's fair trade too!! I will happily pay a few extra dollars to support these guys, maybe then they'll branch out into somewhere like chermside :)

Pros: Excellent range, Friendly staff
Cons: a little hard to get to
Guest
Guest

Don't Bother

1 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2010

Overpriced bad customer service, Terrible location

Cons: Costly, Small range
readywith
readywith

A truly vegan store in Brisbane

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2009

This compact grocery, personal care and household product store is a vegan miracle. They stock everything from Redwood Deli items to vegan pet food. All your vegan and vegetarian dietary and lifestyle needs can be met. Check out my blog entry about the store featuring some awesome photos: http://tinyurl.com/yjsy6gb I can't recommend this highly enough. Every item in the store is vegan!

Pros: Truly vegan, Vegan owner, Cheezly!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Green Edge: