CLOSED: The Green Boheme

Casual cafe providing raw vegan cuisine that's soy-free and gluten-free. All vegan except for honey in some drinks. Offers weekly food plans, raw vegan lifestyle and food preparation classes. Has wi-fi. Previously named The Art of Food. PER OWNER CAFE LAST DAY IS AUG 24, 2014 - CHANGING TO COOKING SCHOOL. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, All Raw, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out
1825 Del Paso Blvd Ste 2 (Arden)
Sacramento, California 95815
916-920-4278

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by myhouseinorder
daxamillion
daxamillion

Words Cannot Describe the Awesomeness

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

The Green Boheme is where I enjoyed what will forevermore be the best vegan meal of my entire life. Everything was so unique and sounded so delicious that I ended up ordering multiple entrees, desserts, and drinks... and not a single one was disappointing. I would travel hours just to have lunch here. I still dream about the enchilada plate... no lies. If you find yourself within 200 miles of this place, make sure to take a detour and stop in. I promise you wont regret a single bite!

Tunasam
Tunasam

Best vegan meal of my life

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

I could rave about every item I had. My friend an I were so impressed with the selection that we each started with a smoothie, split 3 entrees, had 2 desserts, and took 2 home. We are never this indulgent, but everything was truly unique and exquisite, we had to try more. Try the portobello Benedict, or the enchilada. Raw cacao shake is to die for!

Pros: food, service, organic
Cons: hours
cjsoto
cjsoto

Amazing!!

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

They make your food right when you order and it is all delicious!! If you are in a rush just call ahead and they'll have it ready for you right when you get there!! They offer classes every Wednesday and have weekly meal plans that you can pick up on Thursday or Sunday!! Their veggie pizza is the best!! They just added a bunch of new items to their menu!! If you are anti honey a few of their drinks use it but they will sub it out for you if you ask! Really nice and fresh food! The chef, Brooke, is always there! A little pricey but I can usually make my order into two meals :-) Chocolate charge smoothie is addicting!!
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 23, 2012

Pros: Great food, Friendly
Cons: A little pricey

Trish_Johnston
Trish_Johnston

Best Raw Restaurant

5 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2012

I love the place. AMAZING food, always fresh, wonderful service.
The best raw food restaurant in Sacramento.
Thank you Brooke all of your hard work is appreciated.

If you are looking for a raw food restaurant, I highly recommend that you visit the Greene Boheme.

Pros: Amazing Food, Good Selection, Excellent Service /Good Price
Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Great Meal

4 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

I tried the tostada & horchata smoothie. Both were delicious. Tostada had a crunchy shell covered with vegan cheese, salsa, avocado, cabbage etc. Horchata smoothie had banana, dates, maca powder etc. Small cozy little place, friendly staff & free parking out front. Be aware some items have honey even though restaurant is advertised as "Vegan".

Pros: Delicious, Clean, Friendly
Cons: Need to look for Honey in ingredients, Closes at 8pm
Zinport
Zinport
  • raw

I went raw and didn't look back!

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2012

This is the BEST raw restaurant in Sacramento. might be the only one worth visiting! wonderful organic restaurant with a varied menu. Amazing desserts. I am a lifer!

Pros: great food, cute dining room, feels like home
Cons: neighborhood
EscapeFromSF
EscapeFromSF

A good deal in a rough neighborhood

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2012

This place is in kind of a scary neighborhood. The city has clearly tried to spruce it up, but it's hard to escape a certain impression when you drive past a bail bond shop--nowhere near a jail--and have a prostitute walk up to your vehicle, even when you've parked a block away from where you first passed her, thinking you've stopped for her.

The restaurant itself is an oasis, with excellent food and very friendly service. Its menu offers one of the better introductions to raw food that one might ask for.

Some vegans will be dismayed by the presence of honey in many of their drinks. I ordered the hot cacao, which turned out not to be a drink, but more like pudding. It was divine.

I also had their not sea tuna sandwich, which was excellent. The food here is raw, so the bread was not baked and of a different consistency than many people will be used to. But it functioned like bread and tasted like bread. The sandwich itself was half-size, but nonetheless filling and accompanied by a generous salad. I left with the feeling I'd had a full meal for what was really not a lot of money.

Pros: food, service, ample parking in area
Cons: neighborhood, payware
katsoplenty
katsoplenty

Great Raw Food

4 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2011

I urge everyone to try raw food, this is a great place to experience it. I have loved everything I have ever ordered here. The pesto pizza is the best. Yes, the portions are small but the food is very nutrient-dense so you will not go away hungry. Warning to vegans, they use honey in some of the ice creams.

Pros: delicious, healthy
Cons: slow service, honey used (not vegan)
Janet4784
Janet4784

nice little place for lunch

3 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2011

One review said they are donation based. That is not true. They have fixed prices, and they are quite high. Small portions. They don't handle big crowds well, so go on a weekday.

Pros: healthy food, interesting food
Cons: high price, lack of good service, lack of seating space
Guest
Guest

Cute, Hip, & great food!

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2011

Green Boheme is in kind of a tough neighborhood, not where you would expect to find this kind of restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised, the staff is very nice, the interior has a cool vibe, and the food was great! It was my first raw experience, and it was great! Only complaint is that I thought the portion sizes were small, but then again I am a fat American. ;-)

Pros: Great food, Cool vibe
Cons: Small portions
LaurieAdrienne
LaurieAdrienne

Delicious

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

My husband and I have eaten at the Green Boheme many times. Food is always delicious, fresh, unique. Several times they've been out of something we wanted to order, but we were always happy with the items we ordered instead.

Service can be slow sometimes, so this is a good place to visit when you're not in a hurry. Food is not cheap, but your body is worth it.

One of my non-vegan friends said the Green Boheme's "cheese"cake was the best he'd ever had. He couldn't believe it was dairy- and sugar-free. Their "ice cream" is fantastic too.

Pros: Excellent food, Fantastic desserts
Cons: Sometimes out of things, Service can be slow
squarewheels06
squarewheels06

Freshly made and moderately priced

4 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2009

They were out of the two items i wanted to order...but ordered the tostada and was not disappointed. The owner who was behind the counter was very informative and answered my questions concerning raw food diet. The restaurant also has a library for restaurant visitors which seems excellent.

Pros: tasty food, good desserts, friendly staff
myhouseinorder
myhouseinorder

Peaceful and friendly

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2009

This is my first ever restaurant review... but I felt so welcomed and refreshed in this beautiful little space; I'm inspired! It is new and full of wonderful potential, but it is already such a gem. I loved the flax seed crackers and garlicky hummus appetizer we enjoyed, which really had a zing to it... and had that special extra full-rounded taste that only raw prepared food has. We also ordered a chocolate-y shake and a tropical smoothie, both of which used hemp cream as a base. I don't remember the exact names of these delicious concoctions, but I recommend them. They were delicious and FILLING. The pricing in this unusual cafe is especially enchanting, with a suggested contribution of $5 per menu item. Customers are invited to pay what they are able, but also to pay what they believe they compensates for what they have received. The cost is more than reasonable for raw food. I would recommend paying just a little more... or tipping generously, if you can. The friendliness factor is huge. I got hugs on my way out! I really felt I'd eaten with friends who cared about my health and wellness. I will definitely be back... for food, classes, products and delicious drinks.

P.S. Check out the amazing mural by artist, Christo on the interior wall. It is not to be missed!

Pros: excellent, healthy food, good value, flexible pricing, friendly, caring staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Green Boheme: