The Grateful Bread

Serves meat, veg options available. Bakery and bagel shop. Lunch menu includes soups, salads, sandwiches, smoothies, coffee. Free wi-fi access. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Bakery, Take-out, Non-veg
7001 35th Ave NE (Wedgwood area)
Seattle, Washington 98115
206-525-3166

Open Mon-Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 7.30am-6pm, Sun 8am-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by noin_hime
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Funky Seattle Bakery is Alright.

3 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2011

I've been in here a number of times, I used to go the the northeast library right next to it and as little bakeries go it's not bad, for vegetarians there are a few options and for us vegans a couple options but really not many more then the average bakery around this place. It's not bad and the times I went I enjoyed myself and I like this place overall but I wouldn't really list it as any more veggie friendly then the average place. Funky and cool, sure alright but nothing special. Oh and there is plenty of street parking so I don't know what the con is about on the last review.

Pros: a few veggie choices, cool place to hang out for free wifi
Cons: not very many vegan options
noin_hime
noin_hime

Best vegan chocolate chip cookies in existence

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2009

Go now and get a vegan chocolate chip cookie. This is the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had. Vegan or non-vegan. Period.

The rest of the bakery is good too. The bagels themselves are vegan and if you're eatting in you can get it toasted with hummus. Lots of options for vegitarians. All-in-all, an excellent bakery.

Big downside is the lack of vegan options. The cookie and a bagel with hummus is about the only thing to really eat if you're going to be eatting in.

Pros: vegan choco chip cookies, friendly staff, good hummus
Cons: Parking, Limited vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of The Grateful Bread: