Serves meat, veg options available. Not-for-profit inclusive pub/space for locals as well as Queen's University faculty and staff plus and students, established since 1963. Veg choices are denoted on the menu; some could be made vegan. Ask for vegan faux chicken strips in place of chicken. Offers a chickpea burger - vegans ask to omit mayonaise. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Canadian, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
162 Barrie Street

Serengeti Song
Serengeti Song

Great Discovery!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

Although I only recently discovered The Grad Club, it has quickly become my favourite "hang out" when I want to enjoy good food and good conversation with friends. The outdoor patio and porch areas are beautiful and inviting. I am vegan and was pleased to find a number of options on the menu - either already vegan or could easily be made vegan. One of the kitchen staff (who was also vegan) was able to quickly tell me all of my options. On the day I went, even the special of the day was vegan (and it was interesting and delicious!). Great place to go if you are looking for casual, comfortable surroundings and good comfort food (but note that in the off-season there is no table service, you order at the counter).

Pros: Great outdoor atmosphere, A variety of good menu options, Reasonably priced
Cons: No table service in the off-season

Dear Owner and Manager of The Grad Club: