Serves meat, veg options available. Pub food with good range of vegan items clearly marked on the menu, including brunch choices, chili, several of hot dogs and burgers, falafel and hummus sandwich, and several sides. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Non-veg
113 Portswood Rd, Portswood
Southampton, England SO17 2FU

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by SallyC1
SallyC1
SallyC1

Excellent range of vegan options

4 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

I visited The Gordon Arms having heard lots of good things about it and wasn't disappointed. They have a good range of vegan options and seem to have really thought about the food - for instance to make the vege brunch vegan they haven't just left scrambled egg out but have replaced it with avocado.
If you are visiting at the weekend, as we did, I'd recommend booking a table at the back of the pub, as it is a popular venue and can get noise at the front - the back was fine though. I had a River Phoenix vegan dog and my friend had the jackfruit chilli bean burger, which were both excellent and their skin on chips were amazing.
It was a really good price too.
There are vegan options in every food category and they seem very keen to appeal to vegans and the owner was very friendly. I'll definitely be back very soon.

Pros: lots of vegan options, good quality food, inexpensive
Cons: can be noisy

Dear Owner and Manager of The Gordon Arms Pub: